Are aged forest products in soil a breeding ground for bacteria?

You are saying the flower failed for coliform? That wouldn’t directly be caused by coliform in the root zone.

Were you doing manure/compost tea foliars?

2 Likes

It wasn’t me that had a failed test. I just commented and always wondered about the microbial tests if using foliar sprays alot.

2 Likes

I know you didn’t have the failed test! I think you were onto the right idea with where to look for a vector for contamination.

3 Likes

No sprays

1 Like

What’s the alternative- scrapping the whole room after 8 weeks of veg? You can’t scope all of 72 6’ plants when you move them into flower. A spider mite can sneak in on your clothes or shoes especially. Even with the tightest environmental parameters, you’re still going to have microclimates or tight nugs running VPD after week 6.

I agree with you in theory, but soap and water isn’t as bad as bugs and mold in flower.

2 Likes

No sprays. Just three trash cans at harvest. Works every time. H2o2.

2 Likes

We used to call that the Indiana “good ol’ boys” solution.

Peroxide, soap, room temp water.

2 Likes

We all been there. Now we spray IPM

Management is the key word.

5 Likes

I don’t really have the best advice for cultivation SOPs.

See this above to understand the context :call_me_hand:

I’m an extractor.

I imagine this is due to averaging of multiple sets. It’s pretty standard to run at least one serial dilution set, many labs do more. It’s also possible that this was just what the qPCR equipment spit out as a result

Neither of which justify the (false) precision…which should at a min be held up to the lab director. If they don’t grok, it should be held against them…

I have to spend money on this shit, I don’t have to give that money to fools…

…and yes, I totally agree that those numbers were generated by a machine, and the monkey running it didn’t bother switching their brain on before parroting.

2 Likes

I was the first to say I don’t know jack about extraction, but I talk until I’m blue in the face about growing here. There’s much more qualified people than myself. I just love talking about what I have done for the last 25 years.

3 Likes

So here are 3rd party tests on BTGN, Coliform and Aerobic Bacteria from the first failing batch. The results in the second column labeled “LAB” are from the in-state testing facility and the third column is the 3rd party lab.

It seems to me that there is indeed a microbial issue and not an incompetence dilemma by the testing facility.

Any thoughts on these numbers in side by side comparison?

The latest update on the only-game-in-town analytics lab with a monopoly in this state…

Their testing lab is located in a double wide trailer that the technician also lives in!!! :exploding_head::face_vomiting::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@AgTonik @cyclopath @Thetetraguy @Greenleafpro @Future have you ever heard of something like this???

2 Likes

A trailer doesn’t equivocate to your expertise as an SME, your business, or living situation. I hire based on abilities and content of your character.

Judging solely on this is stereotyping and is a bad look.

He’s running the analysis in a trailer he lives in which is hardly a clean room or laboratory setting for conducting compliance analytics.

I’ve never heard of anyone running analytics for regulatory compliance in the kitchen of their living quarters

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t want to drag y’all’s dirty weed into my kitchen…

4 Likes