Aqueous sodium sulfate

Nature’s Answer Green Tea Extract seems to be the most popular and the easiest to find (GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc).

Ideally we are looking for a pure EGCG formulation to cut out any nonviable ingredients and go straight to the antioxidant properties.

1 Like

No problem at all. I’ve been learning and teaching drug science for about 20 years, now, and doing botanical extractions for over 25 years. It’s my passion (read: autistic obsession). :blush:
The only reason I am recommending these high temperature-resistant compounds is because many people are experiencing undesireable reactive chemistry in the distilland during that long heating process of cannabinoid distillation. I am trying to help people to mitigate said reactions by using tried and true chemistry from other fields.

Yes, @Shadownaught . I haven’t tried green tea extract, but I have tried other compounds with several modes of antioxidant activity (free radical sequestration, reducing agents, oxygen scavengers, etc.). Sometimes they work for some people, but rarely for me. Microliter (ppm) quantities of eugenol was one of those. It works for some, but not for others.

2 Likes

sodium sulfate would be a drying agent-it has no anti-oxidant ability. Maybe they meant sulfite?

I think it only has very mild antioxidant activity, and only in the presence of water, as it is mildly acidic. Sulfites are way more preservative in that sense, for sure.

1 Like

Has anyone used this before with liquid tane. Im wondering about using after the beads/condensor on the liquid side as an extra measure.