Apeks Questions

I have a few questions about my Apeks Bambino after i received my rebuilt pump back.

I blew the whole diaphragm to the point of getting hydraulic oil from the pump into my extract and I’m wondering if this was due to user error.

A couple things came to mind:

Ethanol from cleaning out the filter could have been introduced into the system, will this degrade the diaphragm over time?

I do an overnight run and the system is sitting done and ready for me to finish run for several hours, will this have an adverse effect over time?

I sometimes do not clean the filter pathway after every run, i fear some oil made its way to pump, would this cause this type of failure of just a clog risk?

Thanks

1 Like

This is very confusing to me.
what pump are you running?
isnt the pump after the collection pot?
without anymore details about the specifics of your setup all i can think of is your supply tank pressure exceeded the limit of your diaphragm and when it tore the pressure all went back into the pot. just an assumption tho

I ran a bambino for a few years and had to rebuild the pump a few times. Seems they just get to the point of failure and youll see when torn down the seals get thrashed from just extended use.
Maintenance queens those Apeks machines.

2 Likes

How many hours of use or runs would they last?

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

I don’t know where the supply tank is on an apeks bambino

The pump is a PPI DIAPHRAGM COMPRESSOR MODEL 2072

I appoligize for acting like i know. I looked up the Bambino after my post and realized its a co2 unit. I personally have never ran or seen a co2 unit before in person. I assumed it was a bho unit with a pump similair to a MVP pump. ill refrain from further assumption lol

1 Like

FYI

IES is now taking over for Apeks Parts and Service

lane@isolatesystems.com

Lane used to work for Apeks and is an expert on these machines and their maintenance.

1 Like

This is my cracked Diaphragm. What caused this and how do i avoid?

Seals were in good condition still, piston seals and bearings needed replaced, it was used so maybe just beat to shit by previous owners

1 Like

We would get about 500-800 hours out of the bambino pump if my memory serves me.
Lane is a good dude. He would come when we couldnt figure out why it wouldnt work correctly. We also had a duplex system that imo worked better thru ans thru.

2 Likes

Im not sure why your diaphram cracked like that. Aerosols maybe gummed it up?

2 Likes

One other thing to consider is the acidity of the c02 eating them up inside. Those tiny inline filters would get soooo nasty and clog up.

2 Likes

What parameters did you run for terps and noids?

Its been since 2018 since i ran c02 systems snd i cant remember clearly but i can tell you terps were pulled subcritical and noids supercritical.
If i can find my journals ill gladly post them.

2 Likes