Apeks Pump Rebuild

Made this account just to post this about my co2 extraction systems:

Now that Apeks is shuttering who will I contact to rebuild the pumps for my co2 sytems?

Anyone in here with experience that would have interest when the time comes?

I’m sure I wont be the only one in eventual need.

Thanks 4200ians

1 Like

Does your job not have a SOP in place for that? I work on waters and have done most maintenance myself with no mechanical background. I was taught by my predecessor on some stuff and we do have SOPs set up, as well as files on the computers for troubleshooting help that came with the machines. Most info you can find online. I’m also sure you can find many folks on here that worked on Apeks.

Edit: The hardest part will be finding the parts i guess.

3 Likes

Having used apeks before, I’m assuming you were having them come out once or twice a year to service. You might be able to get a hold of their new owner/old employees to try and get an SOP for the pump maintenance. Its not the most complicated process, but you do need to be using a torque wrench to apply the right amount of torque, as well as performing steps in the correct order. You should be able to follow a well written SOP no problem. Any parts that need to be replaced will be a different story.

2 Likes

This is correct. Atech would come out and replace stuff after x ammount of hours, kicking myself for not filming it lol.

According to my rep at Apeks the tool kit to rebuild these pumps is very expensive, special spanners or something?!?

I would love to be able to service these myself.

Any Apeks employees lurking that have a SOP?

Quick google popped this up

Has videos on youtube to correlate. Buy those kits now or else the price will double second hand. Waters charges us $400 for a 1 inch rupture disc just for reference.

2 Likes

Thank you very much sir!

1 Like

That link is for a very old 1500psi system

I have the newer ones, one large one small

the pumps are like this one and a smaller one

1 Like

Will @ETSgang be carrying any Apeks parts? I know they bought Delta from Prospiant

Unfortunately we will not be playing a role in the Apeks’ builds, service or support. I do believe there will be a source for support and service on the CO2 units, but I am unsure which company will be working that side of the equation.

ETS will begin actively supporting warranty work at the end of August for all Delta warranty clients. The wider service and support for all Delta units should be online by mid to late September.

2 Likes

Hello I run two 20L Apeks systems here in Washington and do all the maintenance my self. If you need your pump serviced let me know and I could probably give a consult on how to maintenance it!

4 Likes

DM me Please.

1 Like

Has anyone ever found hydraulic pump oil in their collection cup on an APEKS?

Never seen this issue before, very frustrating.

2 Likes

That’s not a good sign man. You have a ruptured diaphragm pump. You will need to replace the diaphragm disk, check and clean check vavles. And unfortunately your gonna have to clean the whole system… I mean everything needs to be clean. Not a good situation, very sry to hear this!!

4 Likes

Much love and respect to @Srgeo420 for helping me out and pointing me in the right direction.

3 Likes

If anyone else is having issues with their APEKS CO2 compressor and are unable to service it through APEKS then the best route of action is to contact the compressor mfg. for parts and service

1 Like

Any idea where to get 20 liter cup seals?

1 Like

At the moment no, I’m still waiting to hear back from my guy at the end of this week about that very thing. Ill keep you updated when i here back

1 Like

Here ya go!

https://www.glaciertanks.com/tri-clamp-silicone-gaskets-40rxpx-400-fda.html

1 Like