Anyone worried about MassTerpenes and other companies being court ordered?

I’ve ordered from MassTerpenes a few different times over the last few months and tried a couple ounces of their diluent (they sent me half of it for free). We only used it in a test batch and stopped after that. Since they are being ordered to comply with the FDA in NY investigation do you think they will look through customer records and track down people making carts?

1 Like

100% yes.

11 Likes

I wonder if someone ordering a few ounces of something legal is probable cause enough to raid someone though. It would be like getting raided because you ordered plastic bags on amazon.

Probable cause? No. You don’t need that to investigate. If you are asking if you will be fine, most likely.

Edit/Side Note - A good prosecutor will be able to leverage that this “legal” product only use is for thickining illegal carts. Thus, the probable cause is asserted since you bought it and its on record. The real questions is will it stick in court

Not a lawyer

3 Likes

But buying less then $100 of a product wouldn’t really prove distribution. I’m in a legal state so we can make our own for personal use.

I said that you’re good brotha!

1 Like

I hope so! Just paranoid. I literally got into cart making 3 weeks before this whole vitamin E fiasco smh.

You are very lucky. Some people might have some explaining to do in the near future.

2 Likes

You can’t get out of a federal subpeona. Everyone’s info from all those companies is already in the hands of officials and prosecutors. I’m glad we pay a asset company to manage our info. None of it is remotely accessable. Cloud 100% and locked out.

4 Likes

How does that help you at alll? You bought from them your Info is in their records. You get a federal subpoena you have to hand over all your records regardless of how you store you info or your committing fraud or hindering an investigation

1 Like

Not true. If you use a secured cloud service they have to subpeona and have a judge sign a warrant per person of interest and that service will release said info so to speak. It’s a lengthy and oversive process. The other way is when you store data on-site with computers and servers etc, when they subpeona your computers they just take everything. And you have to buy all new computers and hardware to function untill they give you back your stuff. We don’t have to worry about that. That’s why we don’t keep anything on site at all. And it’s more secure for the customers.

6 Likes

IF they give you your stuff back.

1 Like

So that’s pretty much only useful to keep your computers. IF your getting subpoena’d on the level that honey cut is no cloud service is going to protect you. They will have that info in under a week with the level of publicity this case has.

1 Like

Well you can roll the dice for sale of argument. What I’ve refered to is risk management and reduce liability of risk therof. It’s standard practice for legit businesses. But customers do t always know how thier suppliers handle data and confidential information.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they make these companies only sell to licensed ooerators like the solvent companies.

2 Likes

I’m more worried about the harm it’s doing. Not very worried about these few companies selling the poison to people. I will personally only deal with companies not selling cutter anymore as I feel they at least seem to care by simply refusing to hop on the bandwagon. Whatever happens to them is well deserved.

1 Like