Anyone using jacketed reactor for CBD isolation?

There’s lots of info on this website, use the search bar and you’ll find what ur looking for

1 Like

did your consultant offer their reasoning?

as in the pros and cons of both glass and stainless?

See-thru is great for learning. Stainless has better heat transfer & is not going to break on you and the most in-opportune moment.

1 Like

Yes the reasoning behind it was just to prevent breaking when the crystallization starts and you have to remove it. He said he has broken so many glass vessels in this process

2 Likes

Let me know when you need to learn how to remove the CBD without breaking the vessel. $100 flat fee - who wants it? Haha

Some days I throw no bones. Some days I want a dollar. Please don’t hate me.

2 Likes

Got it from Cascade Sciences, works amazing, and allows wash in the reactor. It also comes with a mobile cart allowing you to remove isolate easier.

Currently very new to attempting to create CBD Isolate. I am using a 50L batch reactor. 2:1 Pentane: CBD Distillate. Distillate test > 85%. As I cool down my jacket I do not see crystals forming as I see in other pictures. I see a thick cream colored paste that becomes hard to stir. Any advice would be appreciated.

That being said, do you think placing solution in an oven at a set temp and slowly decreasing temp till about room temp is met, will that result in a more desirable crystal formation?

Edit: just realized its a cbd thread. But still.

2 Likes

Follow these directions:

1 Like

if size is your goal yes, a more stable transition will lead to larger formations.

2 Likes

First time i noticed this thread. Im guessing heat and drain it to a happy place.

look closer at what you’ve made.
you are describing a slurry of crystals.

if you want them bigger, cool slower.