Anyone use 8inch column for their cls?

Yea I can get 12.5 in a 6inch but then it’ll be packed tight. My idea was to use 8inch column and throw the 12.5 in loose. My end goal is shatter so I won’t be heating up my column to get trapped tane

That’s something I haven’t considered. Never ran into an issue with channeling with 6”

Filling a column to the top with solvent with complete saturation of the material isn’t that difficult and makes me wonder how the he’ll some of you are running your systems

1 Like

Like I said. Wasnt me personally experiencing this issue. I have some ideas on how I would set up 8in material columns. But I’m only running 6x48s right now

I’ve ran 8” for years. You do lose butane within the material, but not an insanely amount more than if you were running 6”. I ran hella cold on my runs, FF or cured, and I’m almost to that 1lb of gas loss to 1lb of material. Having said, if I know I’m gonna run more than 200lbs that day, I will make sure to have a couple extra tanks laying around.

No bottom fill. Just pack your socks right and fill nice and evenly. I have sight glasses on my material column which allows me to see the fill inside from above.

3 Likes

Yea in a 6inch I lost about 10# on a 12# run. What I’m hoping to do is put my material in a sock in 8 inch and it will be loosely fit and flood my 8inch and let it soak then. rinse and n2 push through crc.

My dream is that it’ll be easy to load unload and the loose material won’t trap as much tane.

Looking for legit ljstar ssh 8inch clamps, any links are much appreciated.

1 Like

American tobacco i believe is the name of the company i got all mine from

2 Likes