Anyone successfully revegged an outdoor plant? just enough to get clones from?

Is anyone good to great with revel? My past experiences weren’t positive.

I have a one I really want to keep. I can’t tell you if there might be a surprise Hermes seed in it. There was a light sativa haze that may have lightly violated a couple of the girls. I caught it early, this would not be a bad thing.

But I digress. This is a special plate I would like to keep for a mother if any chance possible. I understand the florescence. We are rebuilding a home in Barnes after natural disaster last year. I will have workers in and out and no secluded secure place to do this during the winter.

Harvey dent close to RIPE!
Hard baseball size bud. Sticky beyond imagination. Very fruity smell. Just stand out quality of the plant is the sticky of the icky. I haven’t had a plant this good in 10 years. Luck of exceptional genetics. I don’t know the mother or the dad but it is Brothers Grimm having sexy time with Bodhi Cinderella 99 lineage.

If anyone is in Oklahoma and can help me out that could be appreciated… Thank you

Might wannabe edit the title, revered confused me a bit at first lol.

I personally have not had experience in revegging an outdoor plant.

1 Like

My head hurt trying to understand this :joy::man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Same lol, I was sooo confused at first.

1 Like

If it’s in a pot you can take it inside and put it under 24hr light. It will take about a month to revert back to vegetative growth

7 Likes

I’ll do a write up on how to move back into veg here soom

4 Likes

Pretty much just give it veg nutes, some new soil and put it under 20-24 hours of light, its gonna take about 2 months to get clonable pieces of it.

Ive succesfully flowered and revegged the same stalk 3 times.
First time it was planted in a 5 gallon pot and flower out for fall season, we picked our favorite 3 and potted them up to 10 gallon pots put them under 24 hour of light. We turned them into hash.
We put that mother out next spring and then pollinated it in fall. We turned them into seeds.
Then we took the 10 gallon plant, cut a bit of the roots off and replanted it in a 10 gal pot. For the 3rd spring we cut the bottom off the pot and placed it ontop of another 15 gallon pot.

So from the same stalk i harvested hash, made seeds and harvested bud without cloning it or really doing much to it besides putting it under 24 hrs of light during the winter.

Tbh the flowers seemed to be getting alittle better and better each year. Since then my goal is to graft clones to one of these Frankenstein/zombie mothers. To see how it performs. I believe it was getting better and better because the stalk had more infrastructure and didnt have to build per say and just decorate with flowers.

9 Likes

Did you see that 30+ graft plant snoop dog was gifted a few years ago

heres an amazing niche.
Pheno hunting mothers.
U create a base stalk from the mom.
Then pop the seeds and graft all the females back onto the mom.
Then sell it, as a yet-to-be pheno hunted mother.
Bonus points if u can buy multiple packs from one breeder and graft all the different varieties to one mom. So its the “seedjunky” mom or the “sunomaseeds” mom. Litterly just has one mom with every matching variety from that breeder.
Thats one plant right :wink: so i can have 6 base stalks with 200+ phenos?? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

That would be pretty cool, like they do with the lime and lemon trees. A multi strain single plant.

4 Likes

I might give it a go this next round, I’ll have plenty to graft :sweat_smile::joy:

I’m out hereeeeee chasinnnnn waterfalllss

1 Like

If only weed could be grown perennial. It would be cool to have a plant each year that yielded 5 different flowers.

2 Likes

It certainly doesn’t work well in OR. If the cold doesn’t get them, the mold does.

2 Likes

Try taking clones in addition to the revegging if you really wanna save it.

Here’s a previous post I’ve written on how to take clones from a plant in flower -
“If your ever in the unfortunate position where you need to take a clone from a plant already in flower I would avoid the humidity dome style of cloni g, and just directly mist the clones with a spray bottle 1_2x a day. The humidity dome has led to the clone rotting down to a slimy mess more often then the direct spraying method for me. And if you really want to preserve the genetic make sure to take more clones then you need, can have a high failure rate.”

1 Like

Thanks, on previous attempts apparently I didn’t give it enough time. I never gave it 60 days for sure.
This particular plant will be harvested first. So my timelines moved up. And it’s the only plant that I would like to keep because of the qualities I like.
I’ll make a deal with a buddy to keep indoors for me for winter time.

At 24 seven with florescence their nutrient intake is not great, is that right? Don’t overwater and all that good stuff to right?

Apologies if my post came across as scatterbrained. Apparently all my meds weren’t out of me LOL…

2 Likes

You could probably accomplish this via tissue culture.

They might be able to.

it is certainly a good reason for a large op to have tissue culture capabilities.

But there is a bit of a learning curve, and last I checked we were still in the “it works for some strains” phase.

Completely agree. I should have said “One might be able to accomplish this…”

1 Like

General rule of thumb is it will take as long to revert as the plant was in flower, so if it’s been flowering for 8 weeks it’ll take about 8 weeks for the plant to start normal healthy vegetative growth.

1 Like