Anyone order juice concentrate regularly?

I am having one hell of a time attempting to order a few 5 gallon pails of juice concentrate for a project. Every manufacturer I reached out to has a minimum order quantity of a whole pallet. At length I finally found someone who agreed to ship me a pail, but they wanted to charge $500 for refrigerated shipping, which I don’t need, and is 5x more than the pail itself costs.

So at length i’m resorting to asking here: is there anyone who regularly orders these sorts of products in large quantities, who would be open to taking payment for a split shipment? For instance, anyone making soda/juice type products, or all natural gummies?

3 Likes

Why do you not need refrigeration for shipping juice ?

Reefers

How much juice are you adding to the gummies?

Not so much that I don’t need it as that it would not be a workable solution going forward, and that it needs to be brought to room temperature anyway.

Practically speaking, what would be best is if it could simply be freighted with same day shipping, or if close enough, picked up personally by hand.

Have you tried PacGourmet? I used them quite a bit when I was making edibles consistently. The account manager I had was also able to source me some odds and ends that they don’t advertise on their website, so it may be worthwhile to reach out to them and see if they can help.

1 Like

Juice concentrate is a different critter. Considerably higher osmoticum…

2 Likes

After that fat, fat frozen concentrated orange juice future cash, huh?

3 Likes

Dude, are you not reading?

He’s trying to corner the THAWED juice concentrate market

:shushing_face:

5 Likes

Fuck. And this is why i’m not a savvy investor.

3 Likes

Bet you could put ya juice through one of those fancy membranes and get a concentrate

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I could help you out with a 5 gallon pail of ethically sourced WookJuice concentrate. Definitely never been refrigerated!

6 Likes

What type of concentrate are you looking to source @MagisterChemist?

1 Like

@MaysChem might be able to help…

1 Like

You could buy puree then add water later to thin it. That would solve your transporting issue at least. Plus puree tastes better than concentrate and less worry about water content in gummies.

1 Like

Not sure what exactly your looking for, but this place is in Michigan and looks like non refrigerated shipping. They have a range of fruit juices and no minimum order that I saw. Not the normal standard flavors necessarily though.

https://www.fruitfast.com/fruitconcentrates

1 Like

Seems like most of them say require refrigeration on the bottle unfortunately, but providers for brewing & distilling might be a good lead.

The product description for this one in particular states that it can be stored in 70° F safely for 180 days. @MagisterChemist not sure what fruit in particular you’re looking for.

https://floridabulksales.com/products/orange-juice-concentrate-preserved-60-brix-orjc60a-00x1-cs52-in-cases

3 Likes

I know wine/brewing stores around here sell 5# cans of concentrate that they keep on the shelf in the store.

Fruitfast said they ship either us mail or ups, I don’t think either offer reefer shipping without something in the box to keep it cold.

4 Likes

I recall purees like @Muzik_CO2tech mentioned being prevalent in spots like Ballast Point’s brew store. Always had these on the shelves.

I’m fairly certain purees don’t need to be refrigerated until they’re open. These guys have a ton.

3 Likes