Anyone knows how to cut the sintasa process to stop the thc production on hemp?

I need some advice.

Is it possible’???

Cut down the plant?

14 Likes

It is possible and expensive. Talk to @cyclopath

1 Like

what is your actual goal?

if you just want the genetics you threw in the ground to stop cannabinoid production when you’ve hit your target, @Future is on point. cut them down.

if you’re looking to breed or engineer the relevant cannabinoid synthases to alter their activities, it’s a much bigger task.

scuttle butt has it that both CBDA synthase and THCA synthase will produce off target products (in vitro work. lying around here somewhere). there are folks working to solve this genetically. imo the simple approach would be pollen mutagenesis…but a selection scheme where producing THCA, or at least performing the ring closure, was toxic and producing CBDA was not, would make that task 1000x easier.

you could hire me to attempt that engineering task…

15 Likes

i dont know… i just heard about someone did stop the production of thc but keeping the other cannabinoids producing

And they will want big money for those genetics

3 Likes

As in you don’t have production goals that this query effects? K.

Which other cannabinoids?

CBG lines still make CBG, they just don’t make either THC or CBD…

3 Likes

im talking about cbd strains.

its for 10.000m2 production facility.

what difference does the size of the facility make?

if you are in fact planning such a facility, then what exactly is “I don’t know” about? (no seriously, I’m trying to understand you!).

Because it would seem you DO have production goals to which the question is relevant… so you might actually want to have some thoughts on the project.

use your words. EXPLORE the subject.

or don’t.

meaning; I don’t understand what it is

you “don’t know”…

not much in the way of clarification there. other than you’re not referring to CBG strains when referring to

[turns out (see links below) that CBG is a relevant suggestion…]

There is something that you would like to know…but unless you give more details on why you want to know, or what it is you don’t know, this exploration seems pretty pointless.

I get that there is a language barrier, but more words would help…

following the links provided below may answer you questions regardless…

1 Like

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=CBCA+synthase+thc

sounds like you might want to talk to @Seth at Oregon CBD (I know I do :wink:).

2 Likes

Type IV plants (predominantly CBGA) can be achieved several ways, but in all cases there is either a SNP in the THCAS or CBDAS. The mutation we found and use for our type IVs is a SNP at 1064 bp of what is normally a fully functioning THCAS. There are non-functional CBDAS synthases as well. Matterhorn from HGH is an example of this; well, 25% of Matterhorns anyway. The other 75% contain either homozygous inactive THCAS (ours) (25%) or heterozygotes (50%) with our inactive THCAS and a well-documented inactive CBDAS from a fiber variety. That tells anyone with basic breeding knowledge that Matterhorn is an F2. Nearly all of the other CBG varieties on the market in 2020 contained our THCAS–pretty blatant rip-off and easy to demonstrate (Cornell will be releasing the results of their CBG grow out and genotyping soon).

RE: shutting off THCA production. In type III plants (CBDA dominant), the CBDAS allele produces 24 parts CBDA to 1 part THCA, and a bit of CBCA (plus 5 other unidentified compounds). You can’t “turn off” THCA production in type III plants without turning off CBDA as well. CBDAS is “promiscuous”.

In type IV plants containing only our THCAS, you can get a range of CBG to THC ratios anywhere from 12:1 up to 480:1. There are obviously other factors in play contributing to total THC production. A mystery we’ve been working on diligently for 4 years now…still investigating, even with the largest collection of high quality cannabis whole genome sequences it’s not an easy orange to peel.

9 Likes

Seriously, when can I come play at your house @seth?!?

4 Likes

Sorry for late answer.

I know cbg is a quick solution thats not the point.

latest reseach did expose that terpenes and resin is related with THC and CBD.

CBG flowers hardly smell or are sticky.

I have heard some company cut the sintasa of thc and keeped the production of cbd.