Anyone know where this CBD to D9 THC paper came from?

You could but the chemistry of this is really interesting!

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I’ve actually only personally used it to start old diesel engines lol. I know it has a lower boiling point but not sure about the latent heat, I’ll have to Google.

I also couldn’t actually find a PDE for ether, I’ll have to dig in that as well.

One if the reasons I actually prefer using chloroform to DCM is that the olfactory threshold for TCM is very very low. I imagine both are less than ether, but again it’s hard for me to say because well, it’s easy to smell when spraying ether into a carb lol

3 Likes

Right? The answer to the question is probably “they decided to do it this way arbitrarily and any solvent would work” but hey, if we assume DCM is a necessary component it might lead us in an interesting direction of learning

2 Likes

Or on a wild goose chase!

1 Like

I doubt the DCM is neccessary. My earlier trials with triisobutylaluminium I used DCM as I assumed that it was integral to the process. It wasn’t lol, I use N-heptane in my SOP now.

3 Likes

Are you getting 90%+ D9 using the Triisoaluminum?

Yeah, I’ve uploaded the paper on this site a few times. I’ll post it here too. Anyone interested in hitting that purity should read that patent. It’s a godsend.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Update: diethyl ether is a class 3 solvent with a PDE of 50mg vs DCM with a PDE of 6mg. Also, diethyl ether has a lower boiling point by about 10 R and a lower latent heat per mass (about 215 KJ/kg vs 330 for DCM)

According to my rapid googling lol, maybe double check before taking the info as gospel truth

1 Like

I think you hit the nail on the head earlier then. Ether’s probably too volatile to use in this scenario.

1 Like

Could be. So now that we’ve flogged the dog on the solvent front, what’s the guess on the catalyst? If it was an organometal compound, wouldn’t it, like, catch on fire before being useful with this kit?

3 Likes

Very much, I agree

1 Like

Pincer complexes or precious metal matrix :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

From germany 100% i have that kit but it does not work well very chemical result of 60% delta8. A guy i now from Usa Orlando been passing this picture arround… :confounded:

3 Likes

maybe because it’s non flammable, it’s easier to ship without special regulations. Maybe the catalyst only works in halogenated solvents. also it’s super easy to remove with only a little bit of heat, with the lighter

that being said, I’d never use ‘d9’ that has touched DCM for anything.

Boron trifluoride etherate?

:sob: I wanna science so bad. So close.

3 Likes

So this goes to d8. Not an organometal. Otherwise it would burn or explode in such conditions. (Perfectly encapsulated organometal ? :smile:)

This is pretty strange. Metal complexes would only work in solutions. And metal oxides, halides, salts etc would need heat to be activated in such a short time. I only see an acid salt or hydrate here (ptsa ?). Still, the filtration would not stop it. :thinking:

4 Likes

This is the sort of Grand mystery that makes me love this place.

5 Likes

This type of information circulating is dangerous and going to create problems for everyone.

4 Likes