Anyone know what this is after i dab i have a blueish black residue in the nail

Not just chlorophyll, thats why I was careful to to mention “any pigments”. If I had to make yet another uneducated guess, I’d say that its due to the high molecular content of micronutriets in pigment molecules vs phenolic or terpene molecules.

If you look at the molecule of chlorophyll, it incorporates quite a few different elements into its molecular structure. Same with carotenes.

There is probably just more and a greater amount of elements in the burned residue of extracts high in pigments.

I’ve never seen this residue appear from dabbing Crc’d product, at least not after just a few dabs.

4 Likes

There was no crc used and other than the residue left in the nail i noticed nothing wrong so crc would help prevent this then in the future and help eliminate any other pigments correct?

1 Like

As far as my theory goes CRC should fix the problem. Main reason to use CRC is to remove pigments.

Doesn’t mean what I’m saying is right, its just my best explanation.

Also, you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how chlorophyll is extracted. Chlorophyll cant be directly filtered out through a fine membrane filter, it needs to be absorbed onto the surface of some kind of absorbent like activated carbon, alumina or bentonite and then filtered thru a membrane.

3 Likes

How hot was your dab? Looks like a byproduct of combustion!

6 Likes

most would agree it looks toxic, put it in the trash where it belongs

You shouldn’t be using a silicone pan… terps and silicone don’t play well together.

I’m also confused as to why they went into that silicone pan and then over into a glass pan like you said. Why wouldn’t you just go straight into Pyrex

5 Likes

I had a friend instantly put the oil I had just gifted him into a silicone container…
I almost shit…the shit I gave him is so ducking terpy. I died inside a little bit.

Had another friend do it with straight plastic jars. Wtf.

Note: these are construction guys who really just smoke to get ripped lol. They have minimum knowledge on the subject past kind of knowing the names of the textures Lol

5 Likes

I once sold a bag to a buddy full of massive nugs, he then promptly broke every nug into small pieces and put them into a jar… he also puts his oil in silicone containers

4 Likes

My pyrex was dirty so i put it in there until i cleaned it out the batch has ben dissposed of anyway but just wanted to know what caused it but again i have other dabs that are doing the same thing and they have never touched anything but my extractor and a pyrex dish so this is confusing me

Where did you get your banger from?

Feeling groovy local head shop it was brand new only dabbed off it 10 times now supposedly quartz

Just looks like too hot of a dab

8 Likes

Not sure if you can think of any way this may apply to you in your process:

Blue ink like on the outside of plastic syringes, pen/marker written on glassware, or anywhere you may have had ink cross contaminate. Ink/dyes can get rinsed off by solvents and condense together into something like this. Possibly blue disposable gioves but I’ve never seen that. Or at least I’ve never handled a solvent that was capable of that. This shade of blue is definitely not something you see often so I’m just trying to consider every possible source of contamination.

Did this happen after one dab or take several to accumulate? If it were some type of dyes leeching into your extract it would probably take some time to show up in a banger

1 Like

Sharpie on parchment

1 Like

sounds like my old man…id give him 3 different strains in 3 different bags, large buds…hed break them all down and put all 3 into the same bag…i was waiitttttt nnoooo dont mix the cherry w the berry lmao

4 Likes

Go through all that effort to hand trim and manicure your flower for someone to break it.

Like the new family guy episode where Brian kills the squirrel that Stewie and Chris cared for after it was hurt

4 Likes