Anyone interested in prototype solvent recovery device?

Hi everybody,

I’ve been working on designs for a solvent recovery system that should be of great value for small to mid size processors. It will have semi-continuous operation and evaporate ethanol in the 30-40 L/hr range. All steel construction, UL electronics, and can serve other functions such as vacuum decarb and bleaching/isomerization. It will offer a much greater production to cost ratio than 20L rotavaps and at very affordable price.

I am currently looking for funding to produce the prototype and was hoping for an arrangement where I would give first prototype at cost in exchange for being able to get data and marketing material. Processors in Oregon would be preferred. If this framework sounds like something you might be interested in reach out to me and I can give more details in cost, design etc over DM.

10 Likes

DM sent!

2 Likes

I can hit that 10g mark with 2 20L rotos that cost me about 12k each so would it cost 25-30k?

2 Likes

Really, that includes chillers, pumps, and everything’s UL? That is a better price than I’ve seen before. The price, based on what i specced will probably be similar to two 20Ls + all accessories.

Also it will be usable in a C1D1 space which i don’t believe any current rotavap is rated for.

4 Likes

And you didn’t ask me if we wanted to run it? I’m hurt! I know we’re up here in canuckistan but we’re real people too, and I’ve heard we know how to do somewhat ok cannabis things on occasion.

Seriously though, I’m sure this is something we’d be interested in working with. Could work really well for the craft scale stuff we’re gonna be doing.

6 Likes

What does the power consumption look like?

I’m in Oregon and definitely interested. Sounds like a good alternative to a couple 20l rotovaps.

Just sent a pm.

I’ll have power consumption tomorrow. This unit will be available in both 1-phase and 3-phase. Larger units, if i later produce them, will have to require 3-phase.

Alright here is the power consumption as it stands. I will have options at a variety of voltages, including single phase.

230V 1-phase: 100 amps (full load)
230V 3-phase: 71 amps (full load)
460V 3-phase: 36 amps (full load)

EDIT: updated amperages

The biggest power consumption is the electric heater, so this could potentially be brought down by using a gas-fired heater, though I haven’t specked out any particular unit for that purpose.

1 Like