Anyone here in WA?

“The recently passed 2018 Farm Bill removes hemp from the Controlled Substances Act, legalizing hemp production.However, a legislative change to the Industrial Hemp Research Pilot statutes in Washington law are still required for the program to be consistent with the changesin the Farm Bill regarding hemp. Until that occurs, WSDA will continue to manage the IHRP under existing state law.”

how did you manage to get around this? or are you licensed under the IHRP program?

Yep, we got a research license. However, the governor signed into law SB 5276 a few weeks ago, bringing in line state law with the farm bill. The research program is still in effect, but they’re allowing us to grow cbd. If you apply, I would apply as tho you still plan on doing the research program or so I was advised. I’m sure applications are piling up.

1 Like

So in WA, CBD has escaped 502 regulation with SB 5276?

2 Likes

Yep, the WSLCB can’t touch it. Its an Ag product now. we can use the whole hemp plant. Still waiting on FDA to come out with the regulations on adding cbd to existing food products, but as of now, we can grow it and sell flower, oil, balms etc. Food products, like tinctures, are still up in the air,unless they’re in a base of hemp oil😄.The liquor board was the main reason I never got into 502. They’re also the main reason why our hemp industry had to wait until now to get off the ground. Check out the Industrial Hemp Assoc. of WA.

4 Likes

I wonder where say, an ACDC would fall now. 20:1 ratio. Could they call that hemp?

1 Like

I’ve seen some hemp strains crossed with AC/DC, but most hemp strains need to be 30:1 or more. Here in WA we have to test below .3% for total thc. But, we’re allowed to take a ground whole plant sample. That includes everything but the roots. So if your flower tests hot, you’ll be able to bring it down with ground biomass. Anything over that, you’ll still need a Rec license or a medical license, if your a home grower, to legally grow it. Any type IIs are still in the domain of Rec, just be of thc content. Although, Im hoping to see thc for hemp being raised to 1% here soon. I know other countries are already working on it.

1 Like

Very interesting. Thank you for explaining.

1 Like

Open invite to everyone, Saturdays are our open to the public farm days, if you can catch me in town come on down. Liable to smoke some steak while you are there :call_me_hand:t3:

14 Likes

I’m from Washington out in Shelton Washington

3 Likes

I stay in Shelton wa as well and my and my lady own Hempy Hippy retail store in lacey. We sell hemp products, crystals, mushroom extracts, spores etc… come say high!

1 Like

And your located in SW Washington? Where abouts? I would love to check it out, as I go though that way to Oregon on occasion.

Currently Spokane Valley.

1 Like

Hey, I live in Bellevue. I do distillation consulting across US, but I am based in WA.

South Bend, WA

I’m in Seattle 4th Ave SODO, let’s hangout

2 Likes

In Seattle area, the east side.

1 Like

I drive through every time I go to tillamook…like this weekend lol. Small world.

1 Like

I would love to meetup. I’m in N Seattle and downtown.

2 Likes

I’ve been talking with another member, local to the puget sound area. We intend to meet up, as we have similar interests with similar goals around breeding for CBD, hemp farming, extraction etc.

In our conversations, it is glaringly apparent that we can both help each other, and further each others success.

Are others on this forum, located in WA, at all interested in an informal meet up/gathering of sorts? Opportunity to network, build mutually beneficial relationships etc.

I could totally be late to the game and yall know each other well…I’m basically a moonshiner walking out of the woods into this booming culture.

4 Likes

Also, has anyone used medicine creek analytics for testing? Where you pleased with the services rendered?