Anyone heard of anyone selling rosin terps

Local vendor is selling hash rosin infused carts. He claims it’s distillate blended with hash rosin terps. I’ve seen people making rosin thca, but I’ve never heard of rosin terps being available.

Guys is only charging a $10 premium over his regular disty/fake terp carts. No way in hell he’s getting rosin terps for $10 or less, right?

2 Likes

Why? Rosin is for anti solvent guys usually right? Interesting tho. How does it taste and rip?

Exactly, what’s the point. Not my cart, wouldn’t buy one. I think it’s bogus marketing and he’s trying to get one over on people. Dude is a wholesaler, some vendors charge a $30 premium over the regular misty mountain disty cart. Honestly think they’re trying to take advantage of buzz words.

Apparently they do list ingredients on the other side and it does mention it contains disty, but no mention that the hash rosin is terps only.

1 Like

You gotta try one for the futures

1 Like

“Rosin” terps the fuck even is that? Like what, he took the already pressed left overs and distilled them for terps?

Mechanically separated HTE would be the only thing that would really fit the description

7 Likes

This is simply capitalizing on the rozin boi hype

6 Likes

Dude pls. I need to hear the results on this

I thought they might be using a thca rosin by product. I’ve seen people put rosin into a screen, then low temp press and repress mechanically separating the terps onto paper until the only thing left in the screen is powdery thca. I figured they were using that pressed byproduct, but hte is hard enough to source in quantity, let alone rosin thca byproduct terps, especially for only a $10 up charge over their regular carts. Total bullshit

1 Like

Yes that was my first thought as well, I don’t know how else you would get “rosin terps”. But the amount you produce is small and mind that process causes the THC to crash out but it leaves behind more than just terpenes so it would have to be refined anyways.

My guess is that he tried to make a rosin cart. After seeing how bad rosin carts are he cut with disty?
Pure speculation.
Also I have never tried a rosin cart but have read a few negative reviews

2 Likes

Show me a cart that’s been infused with hash rosin… And I’ll show you a cart that’s been infused with hash rosin terps.

You seem too hung up on a phrase.

And it’s ironic that you lend to the possibility he might actually be blending in mechanically separated rosin fractions, since he probably just means blending in rosin… but almost certainly isn’t even doing that :joy: at least not to any significant extent, just like you’re saying.

4 Likes

You can mechanically separate a runnier oil with a 25 micron then mix that with distillate. Tastes great if you use fresh material/bubble. So this may very well be real as it’s not hard to do. I used to do this years ago.

The “terp” portion mechanically separated from the THCa is not actually a very pure form of terpenes. It’s very waxy (which is why you’d want to combine it back with something like distillate). It still tastes better than steam CDT’s+distillate but cold-solvent extracted HTE is going to be cleaner on account of not being as loaded with waxy alkanes.

I don’t think anyone “sells” rosin terps because mechanically separated or not they’re going to be way too high in THC. My guess is they just squished some material and mixed it with distillate. I’ve seen one place online call their terps something like “Live squeezed rosin terps” that but they were just regular CO2 terpenes so I’m not sure what they were going on about.

4 Likes