Anyone have experience with Spinning Band Distillation B/R 9200

Just upgraded to a spinning band B/R 9200, just curious as to how easy the software is to run on one of these, I got a automated one. Curious as to how much more economical SBD is compared to SPD in real time, Ive seen alot of numbers and statistics but never in real time.

1 Like

Congrats @ZREIKMIESTER!!

1 Like

I’ve operated both, in terms of output they are pretty close. We used WFE for first pass and spinning band for second so I can’t accuratly say. Congrats on the purchase! They are nice units and can produce high purity distillate with great color. The only complaint I have would be clogging post reflux valve.

2 Likes

Would you recommend using it for long term as far as effeciency/economically speaking?

Location? Know a couple people running brs in the Denver and surrounding areas

Really depends on your goals man. I like the automation and operating software that comes with the B/R, it’s super easy for technicians to operate and results are consistant. One downside is cost of replacement if you break any glassware. Short path glassware is super easy to find and relativly cheap compared to the expensive spinning band parts that can only be purchased through B/R.

2 Likes

Thank you for the insight, really gives me relief hearing that “it’s super easy for technicians to operate and results are consistant.” Im so over SPD, this spinning band is what I have been looking to get into since i first started distilling.

1 Like

DM’d you