Anyone have a touchscience reactor? Ours won’t spin

It’s getting power. It’s all aligned and set up. But even when it turns on it has a “stop” symbol in the control panel.

Haven’t used one of these before. There’s no other inputs to start it up.

Any input would be great.

I dont have one that big and mine from them was from yrs ago. But i think mine had a placement screw kinda like unscrewing a roto bulb. Does it spin freely on it own with no power too it?

2 Likes

Ya it will rotate. It just won’t spin from the control board setting

My first troubleshooting step would be to open up the control panel and motor terminal board so I could check for loose connections.
Do you have any circuit diagrams?

Ya doing that now. China doesn’t include wiring schematics at all on anything which is always a head ache

4 Likes

ya, China stuff almost always needs fixing before it will work.
…any idea if is a DC drive or an AC drive with a Variable Frequency Controller?
Motor nameplate should say something about that (if it has one and it is in English).

Doesn’t say

Lovely.
Next come the voltmeters.
Best to get professional help but if you post pics somebody might see something.
Inside the box and the motor terminal board would give me something to think about.
Does it have any fuses?

What are the two white wires out the bottom of the control box? One is power in, but what is the other?

Temp probe?

Thought of that held it in a heated environment and still didn’t start.

But I figured it should start spinning regardless of temp because that would mean it doesn’t start spinning till it’s at a certain temp allowing it to burn possibly before it starts to spin

That is a monster cable going from the control box to the motor. About the size of 30amp 240v power cable…maybe 50 amp…anyway

Pop the control box open and take a picture.

Is it 3 phase electric? If so try swapping lead wires

The two white wires don’t look right to me. Too small to be a proper power into the control box, and what would a temp probe have anything to do with spin?

Safety not allowing it to spin until it’s a certain temp

1 wire is power 1 wire is temp probe