Anyone extracted terrible quality CBD hemp?

I’ve got a line on an “unlimited” amount of CBD hemp kief.
I"m humming and hawing about whether or not to move some small scale equipment to the site (couple hundred lb/day).

The issue is that the it’s only 1.8% cbd (x-59 or something?)

Now I’ve got pretty unlimited access to alcohol. I was thinking about using some standard freezers, and just shooting for -10c. Hope for maybe a 20-30% cbd/vol?

Maybe refine further with winterizing/distillate/dcvc?

Is this a project worth tackling? Obviously it comes down to numbers, but does anyone have experience running this kinda garbage? lol

Thx in advance!

In times like these do a test run take a. Kg run iT at -10 and check outcome i think 20% cbd by volume

1 Like

1.8% isn’t keif, that’s powderized plant material mostly

3 Likes

Often hemp like that will have a high THC:CBD ratio. So that’s something to keep in mind. I’ve seen crude from hemp like that that was 30% CBD and 10% THC. The strain was ‘Colorado Gold’

3 Likes

Ancient hemp used for the fiber in Building materials has a 1.4% cbd and 0.02 % thc in the flower so real hemp not cultivated and Bred for cbd

1 Like

https://terramaxcorp.com/x-59-hemp-nut/

2 Likes

Yeah it’s x-59 garbage lol. But it’s pretty much free… Just deliberating the value of time.

If i evaporate off the ethanol at ambient pressure the stuff will be boiling at 78C, is that going to have some degredation issues? Do I need to run it under vacuum?

No No issues in evaporating off the etho with heat for degradacion

1 Like

I don t know what type of still You want to use but a simple Home Bree still often works faster When a small cfm singel stage vacuum pump is attached for iT sucks the vapors treu the Condenser

1 Like

I’ve got a 200L glycol jacketed still. Just a natural gas burner underneath.

Cool does iT have a agitator like a magnetic stirrer or an overhead stirring device ?
If not Trow in a bag of marbels to let the cooking proces go more controled
Like booiling Stones in a flask
And adding Some suction vapor flow can also speed up the proces

2 Likes

Good call :smiley: thx, might have to give that a go.

The jacket itself hits about 96C though. Thermals might be an issue at that point?

Slight vacuum would probably get it down to a more comfortable point though.

Just wanted to clarify, are you suggesting running the system under vacuum? Or running it open to atmosphere with a vacuum assist?

Once vacuum is applied the boiling Stones loose effect so watch that

1 Like

Atmosfeer with vacuum assist is fine for iT Will force more vapors into the Condenser

1 Like

I ran 1900kg of X59 that tested at 1.5 to 1.6% CBD. I use my custom built LCO2 extraction system. I ran the 1900kg in 22kg batches in my system, so that was like 85 separate runs. My net oil% out was 1.34%. So the 1901.36kg made 25.52kg of oil. My oil test at 40% CBD, 5:1 THC, and tested positive for 25 some terpenes.

In short, yes and no to your question. My extraction system I have built to run 70lbs of hemp in about 2 hours is perfect for low grade hemp like this.

Welcome @qanablis! Let’s see some stats and fotos of ur creation?! Sounds awesome!