Anyone being scammed by multiple Avatar holders in this forum?

Not long here, but I guess, I tried to make friends with the wrong person.

I have reasons to believe, that he is trying to get free stuff from me with 3 of his avatars here.
Is there a column here that we can exchange such information?

Liam

3 Likes

Feel free to ask @sidco to review if they’re indeed the same individual ip address.

I would definitely confirm all details of a person you’re sending samples to

5 Likes

Yeah, we have to guard up now.

Damn it.

Let me ask @sidco about it.

Name
Phone
Email
Physical address to send sample.
Send email to confirm real. Send text to confirm real.

4 Likes

If I was giving away free samples. I would also check posts made by the people asking for samples. You should be able to get an idea if the member just wants free stuff by they’re posts. I only request free samples if it is something I am interested in or interested in giving feedback on. Some just want free stuff.

12 Likes

True. Very True.

2 Likes

If your not sure how to read other members posts.
Double click they’re avatar and click on activity and you can read every post they made.

2 Likes

That is how I got to realize his little trick.

All the three avatar so far I realized, are hidden from public.
and they way they talk and draft emails, all similar.

2 Likes

Lots of members have private profiles though…(myself included)
I would ask Sidco check ip’s. If that’s something he would be willing to do…

Care to share the profiles/users in question?

Blast them out in the open. This is ONLY if your 100% for sure. Dont call out innocent members.

Scammers have no room on here.

8 Likes

I DMed Sidco.

Don’t really want to share the profile here until positively confirmed

6 Likes

Your too nice.

9 Likes

Nope, sorry guys. This isn’t designed to be a sales platform and I am not interested in making it one. There is no hard rule on having multiple accounts and I have encouraged it since I have no problem with a user being anonymous.
Also on that note if you want to start a thread in the ‘echo chamber’ about the specific accounts, or in ‘meta/site feed back’ about the general idea I would be open to debate it there.

That being said, I am sure (100% positive, in fact) there are users with multiple accounts who take advantage of free giveaways.

This. And heck, if the user is legit contributing over 3 accounts maybe they deserve 3 free samples :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

Got it.

I dont actually have a problem with normal request and however if someone is being abusive and same time lie to get freebies.

I guess that is another thing.

4 Likes

Easy solution. ID + name shipping match.

2 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

Send it. Lets see who you think it is.

4 Likes

Remember the fellow who squeezed my balls for the 50 dollar UPS thing?
And seems that he also contributed his “love” to QMA for an order that he never put to him.

8 Likes

There are a lot of us florida cats within miles of each other but none of us have our profiles hidden either. Lol

5 Likes

I mean it is just stupid,all I ever asked was some little review. Preferably unbiased.

I simply want to avoid sending to the ones who gets free stuff and calls me a bitch.

8 Likes