Anybody using David's glassware?

hahahaha “u made the industry” :rofl::joy::laughing: there are so many people in norcal laughing at you bud. we been in this game since its been a game. you are acting like a confused little child. I remember when u used to try to shit on other people that were already doing it when you were a NOTHING. well guess what bud, you still are. “laughing all the way to the bank” :rofl::joy::laughing::grin::smile::blush::rofl:

2 Likes

Can someone help explain a bit to me about the setups pictured here, this is to @Poizzin and @Thetetraguy etc anyone with a setup from David.

I notice Thetetraguy setup is super direct, no extra valves fittings.
Do you simply break vac between fractions to discard the heads with this setup?
And can you tell me what temp you run the condenser at (sorry if you answered before!)

The setups I see from David, that’s not always true, and I’m not sure what they are used for always.
In this pic what is the extra valve on the threeway adapter for? to measure vac?

Does everyone skip cow for fractioning to avoid extra gg joints?

Please let me know if I should immediately purchase other adapters if I buy this off the shelf setup, or should David set it up a little different?

Thanks

tell me what the extra vacuum fitting is for here:

Has anybody used liquid nitrogen in David’s cold traps? I’m planning to run two inline with my freeze dryer for terpenes collection.

I’ve seen it’s generally not advised on the forum in glass Dewar style traps but others say no problems. I asked David and his engineers said it was ok, just wondering if anyone is using ln2 in his traps.

1 Like

The valve is to isolate the collection flask from the rest of the system so you can swap flasks, the gl connection is for releasing vacuum/backfilling the flask with nitrogen.

1 Like

Bro please dont do that! Haha.

I’d recommend a stainless steel cold trap with KF 25 fittings. Then get a ptfe adapter from kf 25 to glass joint that you need. Maybe David can make the adapter? Idk but lab society has them as well as beaker and wrench, who even does custom orders

2 Likes

I think u need to do more research
Heres a description of my first setup.

I dont break vac at any point.
This is a pic of my set up now. (Its always changing)

I swivel the three way adapter the reciving flask is attached to upwards when I start. I actually have a second drop down after now. The first is attached to a jacketed recieving flask so I can bump heads out of it while distilling. The second is to catch my heads after the terp fraction. Terp fraction gets tossed and heads and tails gets thrown into a bucket. When the bucket fills up, I run it

So u start with both facing up, then after terp fraction (166C on bf) I swivel the second one down to collect heads. Then when I hit main body (178C on BF) and theres no heads streaking across, I drop the jacketed recieving flask.
I have been advised against ln2 in the dewar because it doesnt work aswell as dry ice slurry and isnt the safest with glass. If u go with an SS cold trap go for it.
Yes David has the 24/40 to kf25 adapters, tell him u want them like I ordered second. (His bore size on the second version was identical or slightly larger than the beaker and wrench one I got awhile ago, and his are atleast half the price)
@strange Good idea on the freeze dryer, but since you will be sucking water out of there, I would advice getting a wide bore bottom. Something that doesnt narrow down to 24/40

I’ll have my second pump, and diffusion pump rigged up by the end of the month, with 3 cold traps between system and pumps. I’ll post pics and show progress, buying from David, saved me enough money to upgrade everything else in my system!
I saved another 1.5k last week from him!

13 Likes

Awesome reply, thank you!

I like using the isolation valve to remove the fractions I don’t need from the system, the gl barb on the bottom of valve should be replaced with gl cap to close off

3 Likes

The only thing of deschem that ever broke for me was a thermometer inside a mixture and I had to scrap 2000ml of THC laden alcohol I was distilling

1 Like

lmao yeah I used a deschem glass thermometer as a stir stick once never again…

1 Like

thermometer well is standard in my place lol

Thanks… I’m having trouble finding a reasonable place to get just one GL25 cap… cheapest on amazon is 85$ haha and I can only get them from UK on ebay.

also not sure how you set it up to use this valve for capturing discard fraction?

your not looking for a gl25 cap. I think you need a gl14 cap for the isolation valve.

3 Likes

Ah the GL barb that is used for N sweep is gl14, and is the one to cap, ok. Then I believe the top valve is a gl25 connection, which also seems capped in poizzon’s pic or so i thought:\

1 Like

David’s work is outstanding and customer service is top notch. He ships Friday and I get it Monday by 10 am.

10 Likes

I have used liquid nitrogen in glass cold traps for years without issue.

1 Like

I got some stainless full bore kf25 cold traps which should easily be able to take ln2.

22 Likes

how much are those?

$300 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

11 Likes

David’s glass slays

11 Likes