Anybody impacted by fires in Boulder/Superior/Louisville Colorado area today? Offering help & beds tonight

For anyone who hasn’t seen the news or doesn’t live near here, some crazy winds and dry conditions burnt over 1600 acres and hundreds of homes today in the front range south of Boulder.

Anybody on here who needs a place to stay tonight or other help PM me. I’ve got 2 spare bedrooms at my house in Firestone, one with a king and one with a twin mattress. Have a cat and a dog but they’re friendly. I’ll be relatively free this weekend (if not a little hung over Saturday morning) and have a crewcab flatbed truck & 18’ tilt deck trailer if anybody needs a hand.

30 Likes

You’re a great person. Hope everyone is well this new year Eve.

9 Likes

I’m literally on the edge of the evacuation line, if anyone else needs anything count me in. Food, beds, clothes, etc.

Smoke is pretty much pouring into my house whenever the door opens but it’s starting to let up.

20 Likes

Stay safe man

2 Likes

I think it’s largely dead, It’s decent enough that i’m headed closer to the fire to hit a skatepark (and I’m just getting over covid to boot so that should say a bunch about conditions currently). Not much anymore, went down fast. Hopefully it’s not spreading toward the mountains though.

5 Likes

Jesus ur. A warrior
Ey u know what they say
Live every day like it your last
U make the terp gods proud lol

5 Likes

Maybe I can make some s’mores!!! HOLY SHIT SMORES AND SKATEBOARDING SOUNDS SO GOOD RIGHT NOW

6 Likes

@SubstituteCreature Protip, ditch the regular Hershey bar for a symphony bar next time you make s’mores. You can thank me after you try it

5 Likes

Man the symphony bar is so creamy lol. Had one like 2 weeks ago with smores when camping out at big sur.

1 Like

Your man on the scene: no smoke but fuck its cold. I have an acceptable reason for my current genitalia size now.

3 Likes

I have not tried it yet, but thank you sir!

1 Like

Symphony. Nice! I thought a peanut butter cup was fancy.

3 Likes

Throwing it out there again since fires smoulder and it ain’t exactly great to be around smoke. If you’re closer to ‘ground zero’ than I am and things are still messy from emergency crews running around trying to stomp the last of it out and need a break let me know. I’m in Northern Thornton not too far away and I’m happy to give a living room to chill in, food to nosh on (we just got a ton of snacks to prepare for the snow!), a washer/dryer and many, many many chances to be my personal rosin guinea pig

stay safe out there people

6 Likes

I could fit into Denver… Rent a car … Thank you for being such a great party of this community. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I just yell super loud and like it when people enjoy the things I make, I do nothing special that nobody else in this community wouldn’t also do for their fellow man. I may not have a buncha money these days but I have these two hands that have never failed me before

You are just as valuable to this community but probably way way way more than me, we all love you and we appreciate all the work you’ve done for everyone else too! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing👍

2 Likes

Little late to this, but I have an extra bed, air mattress and a couch downtown Denver just incase…

Just saw some drone footage… horrible.

7 Likes

Anyone know much about waterfowl? There’s like 5 or 6 geese chilling in the park across the street from me and they’re not going ANYWHERE even though it’s really starting to snow hard as fuck. No water for them to be chilling in (the extent of my goose related knowledge is that they keep warm in water even if said water is cold as fuck…they also like bread) at that park either. Are they just waiting for conditions to clear up? Just wanna make sure these aren’t displaced, burnt little birdies that can survive this flare up. I didn’t want to approach them and scare the living shit out of them/make this even harder for them if it’s the case.

Yes I’m a huge pussy for animals what of it.

At the very least i’m gonna feed the little guys so they can have some energy for whatever trip they gotta make but still. I hate just calling animal control because they’re just straight up kill happy.

Edit: I am happy to report after a snack Geesey F. Baby, Birdman and other members from the record label have finally continued their tour in sunnier climates. We wish them continued success in the coming months.

8 Likes

Stay safe :blue_heart:

1 Like