Anybody have experience running material sprayed with BioSafe BioCeres WP?

I picked up 2 lbs of fresh indoor white runtz trim with a fantastic nose and the few small nugs I pulled out tasted quite nice in a joint. I extracted with distilled solvent, soaked for 20 minutes with -40f solvent, and used 6 lbs of solvent per pound of material.

Yielded a little over 100 grams, came out smelling fantastic and looking pretty good, but the flavor is off. No matter how low the temp, the first pull is all flavor, but every pull after that quickly tastes burnt and the oil turns dark in the nail very quickly. The grower ended up telling me he used BioCeres to spray, the active ingredient of which is a fungus named Beauveria bassiana.

My question is has anybody else run material sprayed with this product and had a similar result in their end product? I don’t believe the contamination came from my end, but I’m trying to narrow down the problem through the process of elimination. Thanks in advance.

I also wanted to point out the oily looking sheen in the collection pot and the finished badder as well.

You can run it over a 1 micron sintered disc, without any powder and clean up Beauveria bassiana spores+, if you have a 1 micron inline then it’s not Beauveria bassiana

1 Like

Unfortunately I do not have a sintered disk, although this was filtered through a medium and slow (approximately 2.5 micron) qualitative filter paper. However, I just noticed there is some white powdery residue on the inside of the filter stack.

Yea try and get yourself a CRC column with a >1micron disc. You don’t need to use powder to clean up a majority of fungal insecticide, they are actually the best course of action if you are honest with your extractor because hey are typically very easy to clean up.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice, I’m gonna check into grabbing a sintered. I was considering getting one for my material column but was told they would clog very quickly so held off on it. I think the disc coupled with the paper filters and screened gasket should prevent that, however.

If you have nitrogen assist they are nothing. “Clogs” will be rare if you clean your shit nightly.

2 Likes

I clean after each run, so that wouldn’t be a problem. Plus I believe the screened gasket coupled with the paper filters would prevent everything but the very fine particulates from even making it to the sintered. Thanks again for the advice.

1 Like