Anybody have any experience with this kind of setup?

I hope the picture uploaded right. Just wondering if anybody has any experience using these kind of heads properly, when I tighten it up to change out the flask the distal it shot through to the vacuum pump…

One head is faster than two. Just a bogus kit.

1 Like

@spdking has experience. I think the rotor is broken on the one pictured.

1 Like

Ya it has been a nightmare.

Plug one of those heads and run it with a single head till you dial it in. Those Chinese vacuum take offs are so easy to break I would just kill vac on the whole system. Flask swap & pull vac again.
@Royboy0330

3 Likes

Are any of those style (valved) take of adapters good? The new Lab Society ones look good. They’re angled so are out of the path of the distillate. Seems like they’re all leaky tho.

I have one in a box somewhere. I don’t like them personally. I’d rather use a swing arm or discharge pump

3 Likes

All ptfe stoppers leak. The ones past the pathway are nightmares since they pileup contaminated product on the valley.

3 Likes

Wish I would’ve found this site before I went and purchased this unit

5 Likes

I went thru 4x ptfe stoppers before I found one that didnt leak.

Manufacturer makes a diff. Ours are high precision’s. Most are just tossed around.

I have another Question for you I have the unit set up the stopper on one side and only half of unit running. during my lower temperatures I have a steady string of liquid coming down from the cold trap so that vapour is passing my condenser and going straight through it’s smells a bit like ISO and water? I have my chiller set to zero Celsius at those lower temperatures. Any ideas? I should state again that I’m very new to this process

Residual solvents most likely.

Would the condenser not catch it?

Not all systems handle vapor solvent streams the same.

I wish we in Canada had the resources for products like you gentlemen in the US.
In Canada everything is very very expensive if you can find anything at all

As long as you’re just buying equipment, can’t you just order some from the US?

Yes that is my only real option.