Anybody do CRC to Eliminate the need for Distillation

CRC can eliminate the need for distillation. It makes a product that is on par with a wide variety of other products on the market that people consume daily… You do realize that people literally smoke the flower of the plant, right?
Some of the ‘trash’ that you’re talking about removing is likely responsible for their desired synergistic effects. Terpenes & flavinoids aren’t the only components that create a well rounded high.
I never said CRC would cause you to lose business. I just said that there’s smarter people out there that realized they could make more money by reducing the amount of labor, equipment necessary, time involved and volume lost… I’m sure you’re doing just fine over there making your hotdog water.

I’m with you on the converted cannabinoids. That’s a whole shitstorm waiting to come down the proverbial pipeline.

2 Likes

CRC may be on par with a lot of other products out there but it’s not on par with distilled. The lower boiling fractions can be added back in if that’s what you wish for. The higher boiling fraction serve no purpose. There are people who smoke cigarettes, so you argument as far as smoking flowers is moot. My “hot dog water” as you call it has been and still is now much healthier option than what you are championing.

You win. Your distilled cannabinoid mixed with aftermarket terpenes vaporized out of a cart made in China is healthier than BHO.

Watch as the world comes to a stop and everyone stops consuming non distilled cannabinoids because of this revelation.

Dude… YOU are missing the point.

1 Like

Only thing I sell is distilled Delta 9. I do not mix anything with it and I do not buy anything from China. Yes my distilled Delta 9 is healthier than BHO (which I used to make and stop doing so about 6 years ago. You don’t even realize how I can manipulate BHO while it’s still in the collection pot to make it look, smell and taste like). I don’t for one second expect the world to stop consuming products that are not distilled much the same as I do not expect people to stop smoking cigarettes or for people to buy $10,000 bottle of wine.
What is your point?

My point is everyone elses point on here… you derailed a thread to make a point that absolutely nobody in the industry cares about for a LONG LIST of reasons… but you continue to persist and NOT GET THAT YOU DERAILED THIS THREAD FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

If you stop to read from top to bottom, and you don’t understand why people are turning it into a personal attack against you, maybe you need to go get a hobby or something.

Dude just wanted to know if he could eliminate the distillation process to make a product he can load into pens. THAT’S IT. THAT’S MY F*CKING POINT.

You are full of passion but severely lacking in common sense.
Why do you think so many people on this form complain about CRC tastes like shit?
Take for instance just this one thread but you can do your own search.

If I contradict your passionate belief while staying on topic then I am derailing the conversation… You’re much like the people who want everyone censored on social media if they disagree with your view. Like I said full of passion but severely lacking in common sense.

Imo Cold extraction, crystallization and a centrifuge can eliminate the need for distillation, even without crc…atleast for d9.

1 Like

To be honest I’ve never made crystals but I’ve seen crystals melted and they were not clear. I’ve used cold extraction before at negative 70 Celsius and while it looked much nicer it didn’t look nowhere near what my distillate look like. Here are some examples of the usual run for me-

If you can match this by any method and especially if it’s less labor-intensive and makes financial sense by all means I would love to know?

2 Likes

It cos ~$50 a ton to refine a ton of soybean oil

1 Like

And that’s great but can you match the quality I’m making by any other means besides distillation on extracted biomass and not canola oil?

Go look in the grocery store. Your not doing anything new.

2 Likes

Holy shit your grocery store sells distilled Delta 9 at 95% and 99% total cannabinoids in that color shade?.. God damn dude where are you located?

I’m talking process and end quality product

Ok. look I’m open minded and I’m willing to learn, so show me comparable material that was produced by your method so that I may learn something new

CRC (color remediation column/color remediation chromatography) eliminates color, it doesn’t (generally) remediate a significant volume of compounds.

Regular chromatography, either straight or reverse phase, can separate out compounds in a much more efficient manner, and, as a chemist, I’d assume you’d know, that with a large enough column of the right media, you can purify most things to 99% without distillation.

What is your desired end product?

If you want something with terpenes intact, you can get up to 80-90% purity through conventional refining methods, the rest likely being terpenes.

Can you make “distillate”? Well no it’s not decarbed.

But you might as well just crystalize your thc-a to hit 99% purity.

2 Likes

I posted my old work somewhere on the site a couple years ago. I’ll look but I’m retired just an investor in a handful of companies these days.

2 Likes

I’m aware that you can use chromatography but is it going to be cost-effective?
As I’ve described earlier you can easily put back all the lower boiling fractions and separate the heavier ones which you don’t really want do you

Depends on your definition of cost effective.

An engineered simulated moving bed chromatography setup coupled with some solvent removal membranes could get you a high yield of isolated compounds to the tune of dozens of kgs per day, maybe hundreds if you knew what you were doing.

It’ll run you a few hundred thousand, but it would be effective and nearly automated with a clever enough design.

I wouldn’t recommend column chroma over distillation, especially with wipers and prices working their way downwards.

Things get strange on scale, pending on what you’re trying to do.

2 Likes

Energy is more expensive then tertiary properties at scale.

3 Likes