Anybody do CRC to Eliminate the need for Distillation

This reminds me of the opening and ending to consumer reports with David Horowitz back in the 80s

“If a deal sounds too good to be true it usually is”

Well considering most oleochemical refineries don’t replace their cakes but every 5 years and milk faculties like 10…

1 Like

And that’s great but how does it correlate?

Cannabis crude is a oleochemical? Where do you think all the processes info/knowledge came from?

Here is a spoon -unless you want to call me and ask - Bleaching fats and Purifying Oils: Theory and practice.

1 Like

I can see you bleaching with it but purification on the same level as distillation?

Yes the only oleochemicals that is distilled is canola oil - and now cannabis -and that’s because it needs to be deordorized and it’s all for marketability with color and smell. Which btw is the reason why canola oil is causing brain problems.

It’s interesting because a lot of the things we take out in oleochemicals is actually the put back in for shelf life etc

Tocopherols and phytosterols etc

2 Likes

Are you capable of purifying extract that way? Are you seriously saying that had canola oil not be distilled it would be safer to use?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17373-3

It’s because of the isomerization and aldehydes that are created in deodorization.

1 Like

But where is a study that says that the distillation of the oil is the problem?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/257729837_Minor_Components_in_Canola_Oil_and_Effects_of_Refining_on_These_Constituents_A_Review

All the things being removed protect you. Same reason why RSO is great.

1 Like

In the case of canola oil it appears that unrefined it’s not desirable and refined is not desirable. Cherry picking an oil and correlating it to extract in our field does not equate it. The stuff left over from distillation I’m pretty sure you are not going to want to take into your body. Now having said that it doesn’t mean that distillation does not get rid of some desirables but those can be reintroduced if deemed necessary.

I’m not cherry picking. It’s the closest process to cannabis.

Just because you distilled two kind of oils does not equate them

I’m talking about making a proper cake with proper isotherms.

There are literal process engineers that specialize in making cakes.

The stuff left over is isoprene’s from your distillation which can be isomerized again into types of rubber.

If not distilled those are great for the content of the oil and you can reintroduce

Are you aware of anyone doing it with extract?

Yeah.

Also what makes you think that distillate is bad for you as compared to other methods of the purification and please don’t bring up canola oil because it makes absolutely no sense

Did I say that distilled cannabis was dangerous?

Yes you absolutely did (and then apparently you edited your post but still leaving it with the implication of doing brain damage) which is why I answered in the matter I did

Where ?