Anybody add terpenes to flower?

Hey I know this sounds stupid but just thinking of ideas. Our facility is a stand alone processor so any biomass we purchase has to be “processed” in some form or another. We have established good relationships with some local grows and have recently purchased large amount of really great flower at a really nice price. I was thinking of an idea where we could expand our menu and add some flower options. The way we could do this is by adding terpenes to the flower hence processing the flower. We have a large surplus of terpenes not having much use for them. Is there any efficient/beneficial way we could add cannabis derived terpenes to the flower in order to be able to sell some of it?

I’ve never sprayed terps but I have sprayed d8 with an HVLP paint sprayer. Should work just fine for terps make sure to wear a mask and goggles and doing a very open area. Take a look at this thread it looks like people recommend against it.

1 Like

How much do you have to actually do to consider it “processed”?

Can you put a drop of terps in a Turkey bag, throw a lb in there, shake it up and call it processed?

If the flower is already nice and you’re just looking for a way to be able to call it “processed” then I wouldn’t over do it with the terps.

Never done this but I am pretty sure creating any separate item/product that is in a different category than the original one, i.e. “Concentrate” from “Flower/Trim” could be considered “processing.”
The dilemma may come in when determining what item/category the new product you are creating should be called.

Taking flower and spraying it with terpenes would actually lower the potency a bit, so trying to call it a “concentrate” probably wouldn’t fly. But if you mix a little disty into the terpenes, that could probably justify calling it a concentrate.

I’m in CO btw, so it could be totally different where ever you are.

Infused?
A lot of people were doing that with hemp, spraying it with dif terps and having a grip of hemp prerolls with names like og kush and sour diesel, lol.
But they called them infused

2 Likes

I think he is talking about L2L market.
Could still call it an infused product I am sure, but then you will have to measure it by the ‘each’ or ‘unit’ and not by lbs or grams.
So you could do that, then pre pack it into pre determined amounts, and sell those as ‘units’ I suppose.

1 Like

Ummm yeah when theyre trying to rip ppl off
Ppl Used to buy crap that was outdoor from Oregon or hemp and then pour a bunch of lemon oil on it and try to sell it as weed
That’s what I see people pouring oil on flower for

3 Likes

If the weed is good why would you want to add terpenes to it. Should be enough there already. Adding more would probably make it harsh on the throat

1 Like

In OK you can brand and package flower as a processor; probably worth it to see exactly what qualifies as processed for you.

1 Like

Trimming is processing. Trim it up some more.
Edit; you could label the product as “Minimally processed” :grin:

3 Likes

At the last MJBIZ in biggest before covid, there was a company with a cutting chamber that you dosed with terpenes for that added dank. That was the first and only time I saw it or heard of anything like that.

1 Like

I have stored flower and HTE in the oven with a an open jar of terpenes next to it in there and they absorbed the terpenes from the atmosphere

4 Likes

Yup, co2 terp drop right on the flower, lights that shit up like a tiki torch!

The rules are somewhat unclear what qualifies as “processed” so something minimal like that may work.

I’m in OH. Some sort of “additional processing” must be done according to the rules. I can create an item name and really call it whatever I want. The disty to make up for potency lost is a good point thx.

Yup thats what I would have to do.

1 Like

Not trying to create a shit product lol or rip anybody off I am trying to “process” it according to state rules so I can sell a minimally processed product

1 Like

For sure to much terps would burn like hell but I need to process t in some way in order to sell it.

Good idea this would probably work!

Smoking on some terpped nug now… I rarely smoke bio but when I do its gotta be super dank. We like to load it up with thca and terps to make it almost like dabs but still just bio.

4 Likes