Any try airoclean 420

Was just looking for feedback if anyone has any experience with these or anything like them

Looks similar to the UVC boxes @Demontrich uses, but with the addition of a titanium dioxide photocatalyst, and it doesn’t produce any ozone. I could see how not producing ozone would be beneficial for human and animal health, as well as preventing plastic degradation, but having ozone in the grow would help to kill pathogens on plants and other surfaces. Not sure if ozone in reasonable levels is harmful or beneficial to plants.

The 420 in the name, along with NASA claims makes it highly suspect to the green tax, especially considering the home/hobby model starts at $895. Cool piece of tech, but I’d probably wait for something cheaper, or just go with straight UVC.

3 Likes

O3 (ozone) is very bad for plant, human, and animal health.

We used ozone gens while detailing cars. It removes the smoker smell. While leaving a “metallic” taste in the air.

6 Likes

We have 2 commercial ones and 1 hoby home one

I have run the airoclean units in my sealed indoor rooms. I purchased several units at an intro pricing when they first came out. I do believe in the tech and that they do as claimed, however the practical side of me has always wondered how the low CFM can over come air exchanges in the room from opening/closing doors etc. basically I question how every spore in a room is going to make it through the unit because of the low cfm and air velocity required to effectively treat the air. We might of had a placebo effect of reduced botrytis in some very susceptible strains but nothing earth shattering. The maintenance interval on replacing the bulbs eventually got so annoying I stopped using the units. Seriously had their tech people calling and emailing me every week about needing new lamps and I think they are $250

1 Like

Rite on, ty for the feed back

Only the “spores” that are air borne amd pass they the uvc light box will be sterile and clean. For spores on contact with surfaces, it cant clean as those spores were aruck on said object and not airborne. Those tou need to wipe down with iso/h20, bleach water, or physan20 water.

3 Likes