Any help would be much appreciated im having Very slow recovery times with my CMEP OL

Hi guys, Im currently running a closed loop nbutane system. I have 2 - 6"x48" columns 1- 4"x24" molecular sieve column all 3/8" fittings and hoses with a Cmep ol pump i bought last year ive only done about 6-7 runs with it since new. My buddy grew 10 acres of hemp and needs me to run all his trim. Last time I did a run i used about 40lbs of Nbutane between the 2 columns it nearly took me over 6hrs to recover and I had 2 coils in dry ice and dry ice on the recovery tank to keep the PSI down on it to make it easier on the pump. Should I be looking into getting a Pneumatic pump? Thanks for any advice

2020-12-08T05:00:00Z

Passive FTW

6 Likes

First off…you only ran 20 lbs of solvent per 6x48. How much material did you have in there?

6 hours to recover 40lbs of solvent indicates there is something very very wrong with your rig operation. I would have to see it in operation to access.

If you have coils on hand, have you considered trying to run passively?

5 Likes

Please get electrical cords and equipment away from your rig…

All it takes is one bit of what could be regular failure turning into catastrophic failure.

4 Likes

Its been unoperational for a while. No Gas in the building at the moment. But thanks :+1:

3 Likes

No…thank you bud…for clearly answering my questions so I could try to be of assistance. Good luck though.

1 Like

I use to run passively with awsome results. Then I decided to give active a whirl. I believe I roughly had 8lbs per column when I last did a run. I just remember cutting way down on the butane cause the recovery was just taking so long. Ive recently just ordered a 200lb recovery tank and plan on probably getting another column and trying to tweek the system out so I can take on my buddys hemp. I just assumed running that much trim would kill me on the dry ice if I decided to go passive again.

?? Im confused :confused:

2 Likes

I’m an ass, and you hit reply to my comment, and replied to @ExTek90 I believe. I apologize, i jump to conclusions quickly some times.

6 Likes

:rofl: i did, im sorry about that.

1 Like

I was super confused for a bit.

1 Like

Im so confused on why it took you that long with the gear you have… looks like you have nitrogen and everything so passive should be easy and active should be easy :thinking:

2 Likes

Do you have a high cost for dry ice? Or since this is hemp, it’s not worth as much $$ so you’ve got to find a happy medium for expenses?

Most of us are running passively, at some awesome speeds, but 1 lb a min is easily achievable…

Are you set on running active?

3 Likes

No, not necessarily set on running active. But the ice would be an issue with running the hemp for sure. You would even consider running passive on 500-800lbs of material? Im assuming with running passive on a medium scale you would need a jacketed recovery tank with a super cold circulator bath?

Not enuff time to dial it in. Married with 3 kids and run decent size indoor grow alone. Its tough finding good help where im at.

1 Like

I feel you bud. I know alot of the guys here run passive and kill it with recovery numbers. I would think with nitrogen you could just get your solvent tank cold and recover passively pretty easily and fast right?

I’ve never used a cmep so im not sure how they run but if it took me 6 hours to recover id be worried about something but thats just me lol. If you can’t cut a bunch of hours off that it might not be so bad with dry ice and passive :man_shrugging: its hard to know without seeing it run and with my limited knowledge. Hopefully one of the other guys chimes in on this.

2 Likes

What do you mean about the nitrogen? I was using the nitrogen to help push the butane when I would get sub zero temps.

1 Like

You use the nitrogen to get your recovery tank cold?

Im saying with your nitrogen assist and your solvent tank going in dry ice or on a chiller passive should work good.

Sorry I should have worded that better lol.

1 Like

Gotcha lol thanks man :+1:

1 Like