Any at home tests we can do to check for vitamin e death juice?

Lmfao

TKO Carts are all over Massachusetts

Indeed. There lisence board was so messed up. The head of the board to approve dispo lisences was a cop that was anti-weed. So for years nothing got done. Whitmere gave them the boot and brought in new people. To this day though you are still signing a waiver acknowledging some products are not tested. My dispo buys my overages no problem, I have never gotten my stuff tested. I dont spray pesticides but if I did, none the wiser.

1 Like

Definitely sucked. I have thousands of boxes, authentic ccells, terps, 2jars of distillate, 1 FULL sample of uber thick, all just sitting wasting space. If I’m not 100% sure the shit is clean, I can’t put it out. This industry wasn’t built on that level of slimeball,I’ve been around the bm for 25+years and thought people spraying dirt weed with RAID in the 90s was the worst thing, I would ever see…

P.S. Thanks for the free sample @FloraplexTerpenes​:roll_eyes::fu:t2:

1 Like

What about an alcohol wash? Is honey cut soluble in etoh?

You can easily test for Vitamin E using an SRI gas chromatograph without doing anything different than normal.
The vit E peak comes out just after CBN.
You can buy Vit E calibration standard from Sigma-Aldrich for about $30.
Hugh Goldsmith
SRI

8 Likes

yeah people don’t have those lying around the house

1 Like

nope. still useful to the conversation.

once you’ve got something to validate those “home” tests against it’s a whole lot easier to develop one that actually works.

4 Likes

Did I miss something? To my knowledge there is no method of action for vit.e to cause the effects of what we’ve seen. Did the CRC/FDA come to solid conclusions about evali?

I believe the CDC determined vitamin E to be harmful.

I think it was pooling up in people’s lungs and the tests came back for Vit E

2 Likes

Honestly I had the thought of what happens when you vaporize vegetable glycerin and my conclusion would be that sputters of the VG would hit the lungs and possibly stay there due to it being a hot vaporized wax like substance. A build up would happen and then pneumonia. I was honestly laughing saying oh shit no fucking way when I heard about the patient who was at deaths door due to a build up in the lungs

I know it wasn’t VG (never vape VG!!!) that was the death juice but the fact of the matter is that it’s not hard to take a guess at what would happen if remnants of a hot waxy liquid splashes in micro amounts into your lungs and accumulates.

It kind of astonishes me that people didn’t apply the same principal of what would happen if you smoke a pipe with tobacco and no filter to smoking vapes.

I think Vitamin E was just the carrier for the nasty crystalline/powder synthetic cannabinoids that have been long known to cause severe acute lung damage. I don’t think it’s actually “pooling” in the lungs since they also found THC in the same fluid samples but I do think it’s correlated to the outbreak just might be a cause versus causation kind of thing. There was a whole subreddit about synthetic “noids” where people would talk about using a little bit of delta 9 thc so the synthetic cannabinoids feel more “normal” because people could tell the high was different. Synthetic cannabinoids are exponentially stronger than D9 and apparently cost absolutely nothing to buy so the motive is there for scummy black market sellers. and it would explain why vit E needed to be involved.

3 Likes

Could be one explanation but then again when you heat up a vape your expected to still inhale micro remnants of the substance itself. I’m guessing there was a pooling and the trace amounts of thc were found in the lung fluid as well as the cut. I also don’t remember hearing or reading any news reports about synthetic cannabinoids being found in any of the patients and I’m pretty sure the mayo clinic and the dea would’ve had a field day if there were synthetic cannabinoids.

1 Like

I agree but they also only reported finding the bigger constituents. THC and vitamin E. 50% thc, 50% vit E would be easy to find. It’s very possible that the 1MG of some random synthetic cannabinoid research chemical with no analytical standard would slip through the cracks. The chemicals these Reddit groups were talking about were synths that they basically were ordering from China and have not been referenced in literature in decades. I saw a lot more chatter about carts giving people weird overpowering/unnatural highs last winter right before shit hit the fan so the carts were out there and being mass produced no doubt. Whether or not they were responsible for getting people sick, I dont know. I saw an article that correlated the lung illness patients to people who went to the ER after smoking synthetic cannabinoids and they had identical symptoms. It adds up. The synth carts are definitely out there, lung symptoms are the same, the motive is there ($), the reason it’s gone undetected would make sense (they’re obscure designer drugs in trace amounts), and it would also explain why vitamin E was involved (synths are powders so you’d need a carrier like you would with cbd isolate). I may very well be totally wrong but if it looks like a duck…

3 Likes

I literally just read the updates on the FDA we site where they said that is not the case
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/lung-illnesses-associated-use-vaping-products
It has still never been demonstrated how the vit. e acetate could be causing the apparent caustic burns which are being found. Makes no sense to me in that respect. They had found the vit. e acetate in all the lung samples at one point, but there was no direct connection between them found nor was there a method of causation. Saying it’s simply pooling in the lungs does not actually describe what was being found in the lung tissue, and doesn’t fit to the damage to the lung tissue being described. I have no horse in this race except to see everyone be safe, and I honestly think that focusing on the vit. e acetate to be misleading and distracting people from finding and fixing the very serious problems.

3 Likes

I believe I personally have encountered what you describe, the mix of synthetics and D9. Seems like its probably more common than most think and I have had several people describe to me these synthetic highs from boof carts and it doesn’t sound too great :grimacing:

2 Likes

Don’t vapers inhale tons of VG and PG all day every day?

I thought PG was the one that was supposedly harmful, mostly when vaped at too high temps?

1 Like

Both aren’t that great tbh. Better off just using disty and cannabis derived teps

Idgaf about nicotine vapes, they’re robot cocks of cancer.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with using only canna ingredients for canna products.

I guess nicotine Vapes are bad enough so it doesn’t matter haha.

Oh I’m sure you have. I remember seeing all of the threads about it starting to become a regular thing last winter. Everyone was starting to make comments and post threads that their Exotic carts, Cereal Carts, Mario carts, etc were giving weird overwhelming effects that felt like a different drug. People were catching on that the high was not natural but what I gathered was that a little bit of D9 made it hard to tell the difference. These synthetic cannabinoids were never intended to be consumed by humans. They just existed for researchers to observe activity with cannabinoid receptors because cannabis is not something people can study in most countries so they made synthetics that were exponentially stronger than THC. Some of the ones people were talking about sounded more like fentanyl than cannabinoids. I think vitamin E just was the catalyst because suddenly people were adding god knows what to their oil and no one could tell.

3 Likes