Anthocyanin In flower rosin

Hello, I seem to remember reading somewhere a few months back potential problems dabbing rosin with high amounts of Anthocyanin (Purple flower rosin).

The just of it was, dabbing Purple extracts at low temperatures wasn’t safe, however combusting and or ingesting was fine.

I can’t find the article out there anywhere and hoping someone knows what I’m referring to?

Thanks

So blacklist posted this

And people think its a ph thing. I am like 99% sure it’s not a ph alteration, but rather just letting a purple plant thaw out to collect the water soluble purple pigments.

So, who’s right? Me or these IG chemists.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDtk-zoALmDJNe1xdBVIa236kWT9UQNTPxOQPw0/?igshid=1qlqnk168iael

It’s not PH.

If you press wet flower you’re ringing out all of the water like a towel and along comes the water soluble pigments. I have pressed 100% purple flower that was bone dry and it came out as plain old amber rosin. I have pressed bright green flower with barely any visible purple that was literally cut right off the plant and it came out completely purple.

If you want to test this theory, take some semi-purple flower and put it in a mesh strainer and hold it about 6-12 inches above a pot of boiling water for a good 5-10 minutes while you heat up your press. Let it the steam hydrate the flowers a bit. Press it immediately after and watch the purples drain right out. Rehydrating helps pull some of the pigments out but ideally you just want to press the freshest material you can, although that is obviously a given. Press the rosin again to get a really wild looking white THCA with purple tie-dye

2 Likes

hell yea bro last years harvest my hands were purple :facepunch: