Animo acids

somebody told me aminoacids can bond with cannabinoids and When Decarbed the cannabinoids let go of the decarbed amino s i am No chemist
But Any of You wizards out there have a tought on this ?
Hystadine in particular ?

1 Like

I remember someone on grasscity or rollitup a few years back saying something about this but they were never able to provide anything beyond just the idea that amino acid complexes are the future of cannabis extraction/consumption.

1 Like

I got a bottle of liquid aminos it’s a good soy sauce replacement

7 Likes

You can make link amino acids to carboxylic acids like the one in THC-a. I’m sure someone’s published the coupling agents and conditions they used (probably using acid protected amino acids).

3 Likes

Amino acids are linked to each other head to tail through that carboxylic moiety, and the amino-group the other end. If the story hasn’t changed since I learned it :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Common coupling conditions include DCC/EDC/or HATU, some HOAt/HOBt, catalytic DMAP, your acid, an amine, all dissolved in DCM. Monitor using TLC (~6 hours). Quench with acid and wash with brine. Dry and concentrate.

5 Likes

How about accidentally hitting similar conditions during post processing?

For those of us for whom the “I meant to do that” conditions are a foreign language at best…

Amide coupling are hard to do with any sort of help. This is primarily due to the carboxylate being pretty unreactive to anything other than acid/base chemistry. You could reflux in acid for a while but your best bet is using coupling reagents to speed up the process.

2 Likes

I have doubts on whether the decarb step would proceed if the cannabinoid carboxyl group is bonded to an amino acid via amide. But, even if it did kick of the carboxyl/aminoacid moiety, it (de carboxyl/aminoacid) would be a liquid or solid and wouldn’t conveniently boil off the way CO2 does in regular ol’ decarb step

2 Likes

If anyone needs help setting up and running an amide coupling (coupling an amino acid to a carboxylic acid) let me know. I use to do this a lot back in 2015 through 2016.

3 Likes

the idea is if one amino would grab on to thc and not to cbd separation true membrane filtration becomes easy and true decarboxylation the bond gets released thc can be caught back

2 Likes

right but is anyone claiming to have gotten this to actually work?

Its been done, patented and studied, gg.

Steal away.

3 Likes

Many people do not have the synthetic knowledge to pull this off and purify the products. Many of these steps probably require air sensitive techniques.

1 Like

Could O3 play a role here?

There are commercially available C-protected amino acids that can be removed under mild conditions. All this stuff is hard to come by for a lot of people who read these forums.

They need at least a rotovap, organic glassware, access to solvents and reagents and at least TLC to monitor the rxns.

I’ll put it on my list. I used to do combinatorial chemistry, amide bonds are combi-chem 101.

2 Likes

thats for making the amino acid attachment, my point is that this probably doesnt do anything useful.

1 Like

Agreed.

Are the processes laid out in the example section of patents like these all the information you need or do they withhold important parts?

1 Like

The reagents and reaction conditions should be in there.