Animal Care / love thread

, ,

Generalized topic to share your pets, animals, farm life or
kindness to animals related. This is not a thread for finished hunting discussion. Today is my old pups birthday and it’s got me soft and spoiling my current furr family. I hope yours are well.

I’ve helped try to rescue a few dogs and cats last few years, tried homing/fostering, a handful are directly in my life able to be checked up on. One just had the most beautiful puppies.

I lost one of my best friends to Megaesophagus and today I’m celebrating him. While also celebrating my

[Past] Loki

[Present] Kilo (re-ordered name, not a reference to the industry)

Kilo is my primary dog and my last commitment, but I’ve recently fostered a Siberian (rehomed)/ boxer (with me)
I’ve got other animals I keep tabs on and try to care for as much as possible. Have you ever had an animal change your life for the better? I’d love to hear about it.

6 Likes

My animals and my gf are what I wake up for each day. It’s lame, but they all are what make me happy.

My old cat, who lives with my ma now in the country, really helped me out after I lost my pops. Gus kept me sane, had to keep my shit together enough to take care of him.

5 Likes

Got nothing but love for these little monsters. Giant Flemish rabbits, plus my girls dog in there for size reference.

10 Likes

My buddy also made my 16-year old lab/rottys ashes into a space orb.

5 Likes

That looks like the coyote mix i had yrs ago.

2 Likes

Haha could have some coyote in her. We got her dna tested and there was 25% they couldn’t pin down :joy: mostly German Shepard, chow, with some Rottweiler and shar-pei

1 Like

I had mine done around 04 and she came back more than 50% ferrel and no need for parvo shots. She was a straight up savage killer and and absolute loyal sweetheart. 15 yrs i had from being dumped on the road, im sure the tests now are way way better. It was 1500 and top one i could get then for that.

2 Likes

My XL American Bullies, Leroy and Becky. Love these bulls. Started as a support system, turned into a passion for the breed standard.

8 Likes

Good looking dogs. Always been a fan of that breed

2 Likes

5 Likes

Think it was bout 100 bucks now, Embark was the company

1 Like

I’ve got too many animals, couldn’t live without em.

2 Likes

Took a month off right after posting this for a vacation seeing family and pup.

Definitely was the best medicine @Curious_Roberto.
Y’all have a good weekend.

3 Likes