Analytics question. What else beside d10 can be replaced for CBC on gas crhoamtography.?

Analysist of f4200 I would like to ask for a bit of help in the following connuncdrum…

Were runnin GC-FID on a sample cbd isomerizate (for lack of a better expression) , and we find this CBC after a citric acid refux after some hours.

As we figured out though literature the collons and elution of d10 should be after CBC so the peak doesnt actually correspond to the theoretical later elution of d10.

So the question from a limited knowledge perspecitve is…

Have you found any comparison compounds other than d10 to be mistaken for CBC, and identify them after knowing its been an acid isomerization product of cbd?

Any of those fancy pubchem crazy nomenclature (that make an agronomists brain tangle), that was found after acid reactions and was not either CBC or D10 and eluted at the same time?

It is definetly a cannabinoid but when looking at masses of 314.46g/mol you got alot of candidates for wich standards are scarse and next nothing is known about their pharmacological activity…

Professional Analyticist of the forum and educated chemists please correct anything i might have boggled. And forgive me for my understanding is limiteeld but am trying to best myself:)

Someone said “I tend to make chemist laugh”.

Well, “I tend to piss of my partnering chemical analysist team” ( but not intentionally)

In the cheomatogram below youll see “cbc” where it supposedly elutes, where it is then identyfied as CBC on an agilent gcfid. No way youll get cbc from a acid reaciton right?? Cbg has to be the precursor??

Thank you guys if any comunity participants can weigh in on this one! And have a good one…

IMG_20210620_133730|690x273

1 Like

Looks to me like cbd is on top of CBC here. Any way that is the issue?

That’s… A LOT of peaks

Sry to misslead. This is the chromatogram agilent posted.

We see the same peak where CBC is, but Im sure it cant be CBC since it makes no sense it appearing in CBD acidic refulx reactions…

What else could it be… I know to much speculation and not enoght methodolgy to back it up…

There’s a few mystery 314’s that I think just don’t even have names yet.

Cannabeilsoin A and B are usually somewhere in that mess too

1 Like

We do test and did find CBE… And we quantify A if im not mistaken.

I find it also in to high temp decarbed crude…

You will find at least 3 unknown thc like isomers with 315 mass. Good luck naming them, your guess is as good as anyone’s right now… But not the usual isomers… d10 d7 d6… Not them

1 Like

Are you using this chromatogram as your reference for retention times?

1 Like