AMA: New Automated Closed Loop Nitrogen Assist Tech

Hey-Now! :raised_hand:

We just unveiled our new PureFlow N2 Technology at MJBizCon, and we’re eager to hear your thoughts.

We’re calling it our PureFlow N2 Technology. (What that means to you is you’re getting more pure solvent to where it matters and an easier flow with a nitrogen assist). While standard practice in manual systems, this has a distinctly Luna flavor with it being automated.

We fill the solvent tanks with nitrogen gas, eliminating hot-vapor interference and ensuring a seamless extraction process with superior results. We’re proud of it all being automated and closed-loop. It follows the same automated Luna process standard with our equipment, and you will still have nitrogen left in your 20 lb bottle month after month because the system circulates and reuses the gas.

:wind_face: So, why give a sh!t?

Extraction at Warp Speed: Up to a +75% increase in total output on fresh frozen material, cutting run time to just 40 minutes and processing 1400 lbs fresh frozen/day with our Oberon extractor or 700lbs fresh frozen/day with our IO Extractor. Cured biomass gets a +50% boost too. (Based on Luna IO and Oberon extractors’ original throughput without PureFlow N2).

Unparalleled Quality and Purity: Say goodbye to diluted batches! PureFlow N2 protects against unwanted lipids, fats, and waxes, ensuring the highest quality cannabis oil. Your products maintain superior taste and smell, producing a purer oil.

Adapt to Changing Markets: With PureFlow N2, take on more contracts, produce larger volumes, and respond quickly to market demands. Also, free yourself up to work on other parts of the business. Like locking in a new source of fire biomass from the top farmers in the state.

Superior Engineering and Innovation: PureFlow N2 accelerates propane and butane recovery, giving your chillers a break. This tech minimizes the risk of hot-vapor interference, ensuring a seamless extraction process with top-notch quality and optimal yield.

:gear: The Gist:

It’s Automated, Closed Loop Technology: PureFlow N2 is an add on that we can install on existing equipment.

Lowest Extraction Temperature: It lowers extraction temperatures, ensuring the highest quality oil.

Productivity Gains: It reduces run times and provides exceptional results.

Daily Run Total: 1400 lbs Fresh Frozen
Cycle Time (with Luna’s Oberon Extractor): 40 minutes per run
Cycle Change-Over (Run to Run): 90 seconds
Production Increase: +75% Fresh Frozen & +50% Cured Biomass (Based on the IO and Oberon without PureFlow N2).
Max Rated Pressure: 250 psig
Max Heat Reduction: 500 Watts

We’re stoked about it but curious to hear your thoughts or questions. :grimacing:

1 Like

Where was your booth

The number in the MJBizCon exhibitor guided didn’t exist.

I looked for an hour. You guys should have been right next to ets but ???

I was clueless

How does it protect against fats and lipids? Is it just a better filter stack? If you’re extracting at -40c to -80c you’re not gonna pick much up anyways right?

If you saw the glg booth, they were two rows behind facing the venues south wall

1 Like

I did not see that booth.

I was there for:
Gummy Stuff
Terps
Preroll stuff
THC isolation stuff
Infusion stuff
Labeling stuff

I saw some pretty cool options. And tons of packaging with a few standouts. Think I found the worlds cheapest pre roll tube

Is the new “tech” so super secret that you can’t even show us what it looks like or explain exactly how it works?

Those are some big claims as far as increases to the production rate.

If anything it says to me that your old versions are laughably slowed down due to venting the N2.

But who needs proof when the numbers are right there in front of me, right?

And I’ll get purer oil by recycling the N2 you say? Less fats? Well that’s just gotta be true. It makes sense because you said it.

I noticed on your website you list the production rate increase for FF as +99% (almost double!!) and on here you say just +75%. What happened to the other 25%?

MJBC is over. We’re not the chads you’re looking for.

Show us the goods and data or move on with this teaser BS with outsized claims please.

Bumping my question.

If i had to guess, this claim may be due to the fact that N2 allows butane to be used at super low temps where its vapor pressure is very low. Id guess that without a physical pump moving the LPG, that N2 allows for lower temperatures to be used which in turn rejects more fats/waxes. Butane is hard to push around with head pressure if there isnt any :l

I know that wasnt directed toward me and ive never touched a luna.

2 Likes

We had two spots. Our booth was more of a meeting space, but we were in the Huber booth. Our booth directed folks to get stamps over there.

1 Like

Ya that’s mostly true. On our machines, nitrogen assist gives the operator more control over residence time of the solvent/biomass. Before nitrogen, we couldn’t build the pressure differentials we wanted, so our material column drain times weren’t always consistent with biomass variability. Longer residence → more fats/waxes even at low temps (even if small). We also pushed solvent out of the material column with vapor that wasn’t cooled so if there was a bad drain (too long), then temperatures would eventually rise when the jacket cooling heat transfer rate couldn’t outperform the warmer vapor being pumped into the column. With some biomass and the right conditions, temp could rise before we were finished draining solvent. Not often, but it still happened. We can also run pure Butane with similar residence times and recovery times as blends. Without nitrogen, no matter what we tried, we ran slower.

2 Likes

There’s not much to see. We add valves, reroute piping, add a FFE on top of our existing evaporator, and update software. We can post some pics though.
Yes the production rate increases a ton for fresh frozen.

Thanks for the catch on the website. We updated it. 75% is correct. We sent PureFlowN2 out to four customers at the beginning of the year. The first two to install doubled their throughput on FF consistently. We started putting together our marketing materials based on those results. The other two had similar results at first but then saw more variability depending on biomass and recipe. So we decided to dial it down to more conservative numbers (75%). We redid all our materials before sending them out but we must have missed the spot on the website you found.

Our old numbers are still published. You can decide if they’re laughably slow or not. We have a lot of happy customers.

We never vented nitrogen. Could never figure out a way to do it that made AHJ’s comfortable. We always vented LPG anytime we tried to vent nitrogen. The gasses mix. I’m sure we could have sold a bunch of N2 assist extractors that vented nitrogen and LPG and got it past a lot of AHJs but we chose not to. Just because you technically can vent LPG into a C1D1 room, doesn’t mean you should.

3 Likes