Alternative to King Rollers?

https://kingrollers.com/product/cigar-roller/

I saw these over sized rolling machines like I use for spliffs. $400 is steep. Once I roll out fan leaves and glue them together, bind them in a book, and have them ready to roll, has anyone had experience of using these machines to roll professionally?

Are there companies that makes these for 32 to 64 gauge-ish, roughly .5 to 1 inch in diameter, up to 9.5 inches long?

I understand this is a drop in the bucket for companies to buy, but are there alternatives?

2 Likes

Looks pretty simple mechanically, if you were so inclined I’d imagine you could build a replica. I’d need one in my hands to fully understand it though

2 Likes

I would bet some money that there is a great 3d printed version of this you could find and have printed.

2 Likes

Sounds like a fun project

Ole cr-10 has done a lot

2 Likes

RYO Premium Model 130 (above).….$485 + $40 shipping

Nvm. Costs even more! I don’t think there’s a way to cheap out on this, even if you made one from a 3D printer. I think you gotta hand roll with a sushi roller or go with these options.

Even pricier: $800

1 Like

I use this king roller, I found it works best with cannabis that has been prepressed into a cigar mold, having the bud preshaped allows it to make a tight wrap around it.

I haven’t perfected using it but using loose flower in it just makes a mess. Let me know if you get it and make any progress

I roll typically 32g and 40g (5 inch long) cigars in it and when they come out they are usually slighlyt slimmer and longer

2 Likes

Great advice. It’s also good to see some gauge numbers to see if that’s about what is standard. Too big or small and it’s just not the same.

1 Like

Did some cannagars finally: 30,36,44 gauges. Need tips, and some better finesse…but otherwise the process is simple enough! Flower is CBG from @DeltaHemp, syringe kit is from @cart.farm, and the terps were from @MassTerpenes . There’s also some CBD distillate from @FocusHempCo , and CBG Distillate from @Fullsailfarm . Finally, it’s been sprinkled with CBD Isolate from Brett @honeygold processing.

7 Likes

I spy the tried and true all glass syringe kit

5 Likes

“Flower is CBG from @DeltaHemp, syringe kit is from @cart.farm, and the terps were from @MassTerpenes . There’s also some CBD distillate from @FocusHempCo , and CBG Distillate from @Fullsailfarm . Finally, it’s been sprinkled with CBD Isolate from Brett @honeygold processing.”

Added above edit.

5 Likes

How did this taste?

@SpookyDistillation How much flower were you able to pack into each of the different gauges in the mold? And how long is the mold? I’m looking into purchasing a mold that i can use for an infused cannagar with 2 grams of flower and 1 gram of live bubble hash

1 Like

Welcome to the future @AlchemicalReactions! Keep us posted on your cannagar progress. :slight_smile:

@AlchemicalReactions

Amount changes with each strain, and pre-kiefed the flower before packing with bubblehash and frozen then crushed BHO. Mix, shovel, pack, repeat. Let sit for 2days. Then wrapped with leaves, then molded for 2 weeks.

Everything is overkill. The pros do it in days, 100’s at a time, with lots of molds.