Alternative to braided hose?

I was wondering if anyone uses anything other than Stainless braided hose on their CLS? I would love to swap out everything for something that doesn’t kink. I’ve seen ppl have hairlines, but I was thinking more on the flexible side. I noticed on some of the bizzybee systems it looks like he has some black hoses on them. Are those solvent lines???

The stainless outer is for protection of the inner hose, pretty sure most hoses have a PTFE or similar material inner hose. Some companies use braided fabric as the outer, which works fine too.

You can use stainless steel tubing from swagelok and bend the pipe to your desired specs replace the connection point with a npt ~ swagelok 1/4” or 1/2”

3 Likes

I replaces all my lines recently bc the kinks

I found it easier to replace the JIC nipple to a 90degree one so that the lines dont bend over anymore. Anywhere that it gets tall I have 90 jic instead straight ones now.

I’ll never kink a line again. Simple fix. Take the bend out. Change the jic to a 90

6 Likes

I second this motion. It’s pretty easy to get stainless tubing, pipe benders, and flaring tools to make your own compression lines. A lot of more flexible hosing is prone to become brittle and stiff with cold fluids/gases running through them unless you drop some $$$.

4 Likes

You could go wide wide bore steel lines, all sanitary connections:

https://flexline.com/metal-hose/corrugated-stainless-steel-hose/

1 Like

As much as I like this idea, I also like being able to move my rack around

buy more quality hoses, use 45/90 adapters to prevent kinks.

3 Likes