Allergens to Hemp

I’ve got a close friend that took allergy tests and was diagnosed to be highly allergic to “Hemp”.
No elaboration from the doc on the specifics.
This guy smokes over an ounce a week of Thc bud for years and hasn’t had any negative reactions. He wants to try CBD products but is scared to because it’s a derivative of hemp.

Is the doctors diagnosis only pertinent to consuming pressed hemp seed oil? I mean how can he smoke and handle all this bud with no reaction being allergic to Hemp? I would think someone would have pondered this before with allergies to hemp being somewhat common…

1 Like

I would be curious to see what exactly the protocol was on that test.
Everyone is allergic to hemp on the skin. I don’t know one person that has handled large quantities of hemp and didn’t have a reaction on their skin or if inhaled. It will make your skin react like fiberglass to the max. That doesn’t mean you’re actually allergic to hemp. The same holds true for anyone’s that’s done dry ice and micron bags—knownwhat im talking about?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m following you. That’s kinda what I told him initially, his doc needs to give some more specifics. He never really ate hemp seed products or wore hemp clothing before. I’m really thinking cbd in an MCT Tincture would be fine for him, but I don’t want to point him in the wrong direction. I’ll recommend him to see the doc again and get more details

2 Likes

My ex-wife tested to be allergic to cannabis in a allergy test. She had the Dr. elaborat & he said that meant she was allergic to bacteria & mold that grows on cannabis. This was 20yrs ago.

2 Likes

I took an allergy test before and they just took small samples and poked it below my skin. They would wait and see what my body reacted to. I am not a medical doctor, but I would imagine that he was reacting to the pollen or something and not the CBD. A product made from isolated CBD should not have the same effect. But free advice is worth what it costs lol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, the test my buddy got was the skin poke one as well.

My girlfriend recently got a food inflammation test which came back showing that she has an issue with hemp seeds.

I’m assuming (hoping) this only relates to ingesting hemp hearts, or any hemp product/food.

She ingests CBD oil on a regular basis for her general health, but also uses CBD infused oils and suppositories as she is post menopausal and it works great for those who suffer from painful sex.

Is there a difference between ingesting hemp and ingesting CBD?

If one is allergic to hemp via ingesting, does that translate to an issue with topical application of CBD oils to the nether regions? And what about CBD suppositories?
Thanks in advance.