All-in-one nitrogen powered etoh extraction idea help.

So I had an idea earlier today for how I would effectively wash material using a nitro push Ethanol. Because it would essentially just blast the material with Ethanol I pondered, how would I make a continuous wash. The solution on that was a 3×24 column with a top cap with 3 1/4" fnpt openings and a bottom cap with the same that way you could have a hose going from the bottom back to the top of the column and have the ethanol recirculated thru the material until it’s spent. The next step would be sending into a dewaxing column and I’m stuck with that cause I don’t know how I would get the liquid to just be shot into a dewaxing column and sit in there? Would I bleed the head space of the column? Would the prvs take care of any pressure I’m worried about? I also want to know if it would be safe to disconnect the hose going from the nitrogen to the solvent tank half way thru so I could connect it onto the dewaxer?

Final question would it be smart to run a series of filters off the dewaxer into a cartridge that has activated charcoal and diatomaceous earth? If yes should I run the cartridge of A. C. And D. E. After the filters or before?

Air pressure should be fine…

I would have a 3 way valve and the dewax under vacuum to suck in the etho and then you could push the remainder if any with nitro. Just off the top of my head, its how i use to empty column when i was running cls the first columns would be pulled thru with vacuum before i turned on the pumps.

2 Likes

Do you think if i bled all the nitrogen from the washing column and solvent tank that I would be able to disconnect the nitrogen from the solvent tank (ethanol) and placed it on to the dewaxing column to be able to move the mixture thru the filters?

Possibly but i think a 3 way valve so you could do a couple washes and then between the vacuum pulling and the nitro pushing tou should get 90+% solvent back and if you use socks then just toss them in a centrifuge. Buy ive never tried that was just the way i would try first if i was trying to do what you are

2 Likes

(= might build it then.

Well the original idea for the continous was having nitrogen push Ethanol into a column and then that extracted mixture would keep going over the material over and over again in the column until the material is spent then that’s sent into the dewaxer and one of the main things I was worried about was the nitrogen pressure circulating the ethanol around in a hose and the efficacy of washing material over again.

I don’t know if dewaxing is going to work with just a temperature drop. Considering winterizing occurs at a 8-10:1 solvent to oleo and over the course of hours. I don’t know if a column or temperature swing is going to be effective.

You might have some luck in a heavy swing, like room temp to -40 or something, but if you’ve got something running that low of temperature, you might as well just extract that low to begin with.

Well I was thinking about using a slurry around the column and top off every half hour at a 3 hour dewaxing duration.

this sounds like one of those capna ethos units.
why reinvent such a wobbly wheel?

1 Like

Cause I like the idea

Have u used a panda yet

1 Like

Can you flood the whole entire panda?

No that sounds sketchy

1 Like

That’s why I wanna do something that contously floods till spent.

Get it!

So do you guys think it could work?

not well.

you’re flowing how many times volume solvent over your plant?
you’re going to need to pressurize it to not the material column, then back in.
how do you tell when you’re ‘done’ rinsing if it’s all dirty solvent in?
and still wet plant when you’re done - also how are you recovering your last 15% (which if you recirculate will have a LOT of your cannabinoids in it.)

still lots of fundamental issues with this idea.

2 Likes