Alcatel Adixen 2021i Pump Rebuild

usually after a run I shut my pump down then vent atmosphere to break vacuum but I did that reverse with the pump running at full vac and it went snap then went L.R.A

2 Likes

I did drain it, this was with fresh oil. But u flushed again with flushing fluid and put oil in and it pulled 13.6 micron on the empty system. Still have work to do on it, but Iā€™m happy with the result so far. Using it this run, so weā€™ll see what happens.

1 Like

Thanks, I turn off my pumps before breaking vac, but Iā€™ll be extra careful with this one.

Itā€™s running at 51 micron, just hit mains 10 minutes ago.

Edit: 35 micron now

Got it down to 17.8 for a second, but it leveled out at 20 micron. Thatā€™s what the vacuum take off allows for since you can remove most of the volatiles from the system.

3 Likes

Aaaaaall riiiiiiight! I can now triple attest to @Soxhlet flushing technique. Iā€™m using flushing fluid, but I did do the kerosene thing aswell. I just pulled 1 micron on my pump. So fucking happy right now.

8 Likes

like a brand new baby!

5 Likes

How hard was the rebuild? I have a 3 week down time, and my trivac has been giving me the stink eye, and is asking for a rebuild.

Lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the link @Renchi I just purchased one of these units :grin::+1:

1 Like

Did you do the kerosene or atf fluid flush?

So, I started with just flushing fluid. The pump I got had a lot of black sludge come out and the sight glass still was dirty after that. So I did the kerosene flush followed by more flushing fluid. Then two oil changes. Also let the ballast run over night.

Now Iā€™m just doing flushing fluid and one oil change and run the ballast for a couple of hours. Then when testing ultimate vac I donā€™t just run the pump for a minute, cause some pumps take a while to get to their ultimate vac. If the vac goes down I let it run until there is no change.

I found a 2 micron pump yesterday aswell and will be running them in parallel so that I can achieve the speed I need.

5 Likes

How dirty did your kerosene flushing solution come out on the first flush?

@ScoobyDoobie

Black as fuck. But I got a second pump that was claimed to have tested at 2.4 ultimate vac. I never used the kerosene, but 3 flushing fluids and 2 oil changes and ran the ballast for 8 hours. It pulls 1.1 micron now. Flushing fluid came out black as fuck too.

Dual pump setup pulled 8.2 micron mid run on second pass. Noticeable increase in flow. Iā€™ll report what it does on first pass when Iā€™ve done one. The color and temps sure are temperamental at those levels.

1 Like

The picture makes the fluid look worse than it really looks but should I just continue with the kerosene since it seems to be working?

On the left is 50/50 kerosene and crap robinair vac pump oil that was ran in my alcatel forn1 hour on the right is a fresh mixture of 50/50.

@ScoobyDoobie
You only did one kerosene? Yeah, do two. But Iā€™d max the kerosene at 2 flushes. Then fill with oil and run the gas ballast for 8-24 hours. That should get better results. Then do another oil change and run that ballast, son. That is what did it for me.

Edit:
This is not my tech. Props go to @Soxhlet and @Photon_noir for the kerosene and gas ballast respectively.

Then get this, itā€™s easier on the pump.

1 Like

Does the gas ballast kind of negate the use of a cold trap? Letā€™s say if I was performing a purge on some winterized bho would the use of the gas ballast be sufficient to keep the methanol vapors from contaminating my pumpā€™s oil?

I donā€™t honestly know, well itā€™s pretty likely. The gas ballast expels anything that shouldnā€™t be in the pump. It does make the vac higher. Iā€™ve not thought about it. If you have a diaphragm pump that you could use that would prob be better.

Edit: in regards to the cold trap question, the less unwanted compounds that get in the pump the better and allows for the pump to be used quicker. I didnā€™t do a run that day cause I had to spend so much time getting the pump back to 1 micron. So the cold trap helps, but the ballast does allow for what gets in there to get out.

nope, the gas ballast helps volitiles leave the oil once the pump is nice and hot, but it wont reject all that hits the pump. when vapours come into your pump they almost always mix with the oil before heading out the ballast.
the result is the pump will be limited by the vapour pressure of the oil, if you throw more contaminates at the pump then it can reasonably handle you will reach a point of diminishing returns very fast. good cold traps, and desiccant traps go a long way in keeping your pumps happy.

6 Likes

Is it best to open the GB after the pump is warm before doing oil changes/flushes?
Let run with GB ooen gor 15 mins or so, close, then change oilm

This may be a silly question but how do you go about opening/closing this ballast?

5 Likes

looks like the AGB 36 valve listed in this manual.

try rotating one the the screws with the blanked off pump running, you should hear the pitch of the pump change and make a sucking noise from the air filter. From what the manual said the gas ballast is automatically shut when the pump is turned off by that mechanism. you may have a way to adjust the timing of the ballast or on/off function if you dig a bit on google.

2 Likes