Alcatel 2021i

I just order a Alcatel 2021i vacuum pump because I’ve recently upgraded to a 2 liter. Got it off eBay for 500$ free shipping is this a decent deal? Also, Can pumps be completely faulty even with major rebuilds on them?
It looks alittle beat up but user said it was full working order. guess well just have to wait and see

how fast he approved that offer Im thinking i could of bought this for 400$ :man_facepalming:
(side note: has anybody ever used ptfe sleeves? do you ahve to grease them or are they leak proof)!

1 Like

That thing looks very well and I mean well used.

Give her a good oil flush/change, blank off and see what she does.

I use ptfe on my bf/mantle temp probe. The head probe joint um still using glass and a gasket. Yes, use vac grease on the ptfe plug. I have 2 options of ptfe plugs, 1 with and 1 with out the o-ring. I grease both.

4 Likes

Do you grease outside and inside of ptfe sleeve? I bought it so i dont have to use grease on BF and contaminate my distillate.

If you use the grease properly you won’t have to worry about contaminating anything. Use the grease sparingly; just enough.
You’re not lubing up for sex!

5 Likes

Well actually i was also dealing with what looked like bubbles near the connection of my BF and Head. Thought it might be a leak. i was achieving like 500-900 micron which is pretty good for my setup.

ps: i use dow so i believe it was melting and allowing air in.

1 Like

With a 2021i, I get 10-20 (tops) microns during mains. The inside should have an o-rings, and be 2 pieces actually, that thread together. I use new o-rings every run. I dont grease o-rings. Just the outside.

3 Likes

I just realized this is a SD model… whats the difference between the SD and the i. I read there sheets and it looks to be the same pump?