Air exchange requirements

I like belt driven, it removes the motor from contact with any possible solvent

1 Like

in extraction all i do is use a box fan to try and move air towards outdoors. Try and not get that fuel air ratio in the danger zone= but in pretty dangerous.

Thatā€™s a very bad idea. You should get something that is rated for venting explosive fumes. A box fan is just literally guiding your solvent fumes to an ignition source (the fan motor). Explosion-proof fans are basically designed so the ignition source is sealed off from the air passing through it. Not everything is DIY.

2 Likes

im a step above open blasting. I asked because potting a fan, like a centrifugal is within my capability. I COULD even move the fan outside They are prolly just potted, its not a secret tech to make a fan ignition resistant. I bet if I get all my fans and spray propane at them outdoors in a safe place I cant make a fire. Now- ive had a butane spill in the deep freeze= thats dangerous as fuck

I never said anything about open blasting. That goes unsaid that you should not be open blasting indoors. I think you are highly overestimating your control over the situation here. Please go get a fan that is not going to light your house on fire.

i dont open blast I am ghetto though= i use a fan across the area and have the garage door open a foot with a fan extracting. I garage blast IF I HAD A SHED ID SHED BLAST im moving back to butane. lower pressure less stress. my system wont leak with butane. Ive used 70 30 and it does always leak even after nitrogen test. its the cold temps on the valves.

Please refrain from handling hydrocarbons. I canā€™t help you.

4 Likes

we all start somewhere. Im closed loop with swagelok but Im not about to be c1 d1 to process the tent into gummies. Like I said im going away from the propane. its a pain. I make shatter, butane makes shatter better. Lower pressures, less need for dry ice= nobody cares about the end product- they are used to crap disty shit. My end product is grade a NO CHEMS OR BS.

9 Likes

He did make one interesting point, what makes electronics c1d1? I mean, loctite makes explosion proof potting compound

I do toy rc shit . potting connections is easy. I have a feeling thats the only thing done on fans. or should I spend thousands on fans that will just run in m garage on the rare occasion i run?

the horse led to water is bs= CHAD. your ignorance is up there= I dont even wanna go there chad.

I saw they approved the development of the standards. Any idea of when this will take effect? Couldnā€™t find any timeline suggestions published

The fans are typically TEFC (Totally enclosed fan cooled) motors, with the wiring in a NEMA 7 enclosure. The fan blades should be no sparking.

1 Like

Your product sounds like the type to burn down the neighbors house.

1 Like

Any imput on grow room requirements?

Isnt it just a function of the cubic feet of the space and the exchange of air capacity.

Simply put for example, if you have a grow room your need to evacuate 5x an hour the whole air volume?

And if you have an extraction room you have to pull the whole volume of air in a few seconds (fire hazard prevention?)

Sorry if my phrasing is a bit corny this evening, trying to learn and make an educated switch from the ease of outdoors to a more controled enviroment someday :slight_smile:

1 Like