After Months of Reading, First SPD Run!

Holy hell. Well I guess that answers my question of how long it would take to do 100 pounds since I have pretty much the same setup you do. Coming along nicely?

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the end of the heads or start of the hearts? Head temp is 139.5.

2 Likes

Ar what vac depth

3 Likes

57 microns. Now at 147 head temp. 195.5 BF.

2 Likes

Let it flow for a nin then swap flasks

2 Likes

Nice Well i don t want to ruin your extract
So do a volume comparison
Have You already gotten 10% ofthe asume cannabinoidcontent ?

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by that? Looks like Iā€™ve collected about 50ml of heads so far. But this was run through a WFE once, so I didnā€™t expect a lot of heads left.

2 Likes

I waited for that to become a solid string no drip, then swapped, seemd to work for my two runs

5 Likes

O Ok Well guess You can swap safely rise Condenser temp to max and catch them all :grinning:

2 Likes

Solid stream coming out of the condenser or from the adapter into the flask?

2 Likes

Adaptor to flask, mine was hitting in the cow then would string again to flask, so when both were solid stream, i switched
It only took a few minutes frome when it got thicker, your probably there now

3 Likes

Awesome, switched! I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen CBD distillate this light.

5 Likes

Cbdā€‹:clap::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Nice setup by the way!

Cbd you say? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Color collecting in main fraction. Man, Iā€™m way too stoked about how this all turned out. Thank you everyone so much for the help!! 171 head temp, 206 solution temp.

8 Likes

Yea, CBD. I was convinced that I wouldnā€™t be able to get the color I see some people getting on their THC runs just because I havenā€™t seen anything close on here or around anywhere. Slightly worried I might have switched a tad too early, but itā€™s a learning experience at the very least.

2 Likes

Cool! I didnt know it was a cbd run whats the ratio do you know?
Color looks great!

1 Like

I donā€™t remember what the THC percentage was on the crude but CBD was 59%. I know @munkdooligan got 75% CBD and 2% THC using the same crude Iā€™m running after he ran it through his SPD.

2 Likes

Looks similar to my run with that crude! Great job man!!! Are you going to get some lab tests done? Iā€™d expect you to get better potency than me on first pass, I definitely made some mistakes my first time around. I shouldā€™ve collected heads longer like you did, I think my first run had some heads in the body. I have some pentane coming to crystallize that batch with though, which shouldnā€™t be an issue.

I split my crude into two batches, and on the second batch I maybe collected 30-40 mL of heads vs. some junk in the cold trap the first time I did it.

Excited for you, your hard work and research have most definitely paid off!

5 Likes

Thanks man! Youā€™ll have to post how the crystallization goes! Ohhh yea, this and a few other samples are going to the lab on Friday. Iā€™m stoked to see the test results on this. I think the de-waxing helped a ton as well.

Looks like itā€™s coming out of the condenser at the same pace as usual but the stuff going into the receiving flask is dripping instead of a stream. Head temp is 183. Could I possibly be approaching tails already?

2 Likes