Advise/Sell me a CBD system

FOB to medellin Colombia
smallest system that works that is scalable. so It can actually produce CBD and we scale up.
Tinctures only at this time. No need for isolate.

16% - 22% hemp rated cbd material.

ethanol makes the most sense.
I am tech and a business person and have never refined CBD before. I am the little guy trying to make against the Big Boys.

2 Likes

I’ve worked in large scale extraction facilities in Colorado and Michigan. If you would like a list of good equipment or companies to reach out to please message me. I have low rates for the work I do and the time I save you

“The smallest system that works and is scaleable” is kind of an oxymoron.
You want a system that is small and can also be big?

What exactly are you trying to make? CBD Distillate and Isolate?

2 Likes

What s the small volume you are hoping to extract on a daily basis ?

3 Likes

full spectrum - as pure as possible. What does this mean? Tinctures are what are aiming for at first.

Correct me if I am wrong - most people buy tinctures. The FDA equivalent in Colombia highly regulate this process and we have to deliver a refined end product. From a business point of view at this time I don’t see the value in isolate to the end consumer. My FEELING and not factually based is that the product when it is refined in this way loses its intended purpose as this process further eliminates canniboids that contribute to its overall effect.

again I am a NOOB.

What we want to extract is the best bang for the buck as far as cost outlay OR a system that is scalable as we want to put in place to make sure it works. The raw material is unlimited and the highest quality in the world tp date. The yields blow whatever is produced in China and America away.

So this is a business question. I am a self funded startup - A little guy against the big boys. I believe I can sell a full spectrum tincture with as little refinement as possible to the public.

Thank you for your post.

My X-Spiral system in combination with a basic ethanol extractor will give you very efficient CBD production and can be operated to put out tincture in an essentially finished form depending on desired concentration.

2 Likes

I think it is really going with a Chinese manufacture and ordering what I need. There have been a lot of great posts here with a lot of information.

Reading over all of this I feel like I am building a custom PC and some parts are way more powerful than others. The machine will work but it is not optimally tuned where all things are in balance according to price.

I have not found a so called expert where I could ask the question I shave 16%-22% cbd yield - how many bottles will I get of 30ml with x investment in equipment.

I think @MagisterChemist is on the right track! X-spiral is the most efficient way to recover solvents and paired with one of our stainless extraction systems you could be cranking out product with extremely low overhead costs. I’m more than happy to chat with you about your project goals and see if we align! We are currently working with companies in Uruguay and Colombia to meet all engineering and certification requirements as well as GMP and food processing certs.

1 Like

It also depends a lot on the what the local authorities require as permits and certification on the equipment.

Would take a look at a lot of the used systems being sold - lot of people scaling up with old equipment that’s obsolete.

1 Like

So you plan on extracting the hemp yourself… With what solvent? That will determine what kind of system you need. Most people use ethanol.
Systems can range from $500 to like $5,000,000 and even higher, so I’d need to know about how much hemp per day you plan on processing to recommend a system.

Then you will need some post-processing equipment like buchner funnels, filter papers, erlenmeyer(s), a cold freezer, and a vacuum pump at the very least so you can winterize your oil… then you’ll need a solvent recovery method, like a rotovap, to recover the excess ethanol.

Then you will have full spectrum oil to make tinctures with.
Dissolve x amount of your full spectrum oil into MCT oil or any kind of carrier oil and put it in bottles. Full spec tinctures.

1 Like

@ColombiaCBD, as @ZizzleB states, you will also need proper filtration between your extraction and evaporation. ErtelAlsop can assist you with your pumping needs, and scalable filtration options. Pending your batch size and solvent, this could be a simple lab filter, or a larger lenticular system. Our depth filter media is impregnated with diatomaceous earth for clarification and lipid/wax removal, and also activated carbon for your chlorophyl and color remediation. We have many customers in Colombia, and distributors to assist if needed. When you are ready, send me a DM, and we can get you set up.

1 Like

What strains do you grow? What is your allowable thc level? Somehow I doubt your government is ramming a .3% total thc rule down your throat like what is happening here in the land of the free.

1 Like

It is much more lax down in Columbia.