Advice. Propane CLS for shatter production

Any advice on production of shatter a with propane in a CLS. Have not ran propane or a CLS system and want to take every precaution necessary to ensure safety and quality. Tips on anything include vac over. Optimal temp and inhg or torr would be beyond helpful. Thank you in advance. Below is a picture of the machine I’ll be running

If you run -40, the propane will have no effect on the pressure of the system. However, I’ll advise that if you do not understand temp vs pressure, you should run the system as designed.

Are you planning to run 100% propane? A mix of propane will have no effect on vac oven purge, as it is already gone before the slab…unless you run 100%

1 Like

I would get some experience before you start messing with propane, its a different animal than ntane and with no prior experience i would get some runs under your belt.

4 Likes

Butane yields more stable shatter in my experiences

4 Likes

I will be doing 100% propane run

I have experience with running pure butane but not propane. How do you suggest testing running? It’s a ETS MEP

Not thinking you will get shatter with that. More than likely nucleate during purge. Best to run blended for shatter or straight iso or n. But if your goal is a high terpene extract then propane is the way to go

1 Like

I highly advise against 100% propane for shatter. I actually can’t do it at all.

1 Like

Are you able to get it close to pull n snap or are you saying it crystalizes in the collection pot or in the vac oven

The reason most run 70/30 blends is to pull more terps.

Butane will get ya yield. Propane will get ya terps. Never had 100% propane get me anything near to pull snap let alone stable slabs.

3 Likes

propane pulls more terps and less thca leading to less stable shatter.

3 Likes

I noticed some mentioned cryo freezing before the purge. My investors on set on getting shatter from pure propane which I am seeing isn’t going to happen. I appreciate any and all advice given.

2 Likes

7030 iso get me pull snap with most material.
Most likely will nucleate in the oven or be sap

best advice…add butane

5 Likes

That’s what I have learned today. I think I’ll save a lot of time with even adding as little as 10% to collection pot from what I have read

To the collection pot? If u don’t run it over the material then it’s not gonna help

Add butane to your solvent tank.

2 Likes

Mixing it directly with the propane? Or separate and and add in material column?

Directly w the propane.

30% propane/ 70% butane

5 Likes

Def do a blend. Strait propane is too much preassure

We’re using a ets mep made for propane pressures but I will recommend it as I’m seeing is the best option for optimal product