Advice for new small batch closed loop hydrocarbon extractor

You sound like a spoiled rotten snowflake that has to win every argument. You’re so busy telling me how smart you are and how qualified you are. Like I would give two shits. You’re pathetic. I don’t care if you built the freaking Taj Mahal and went the moon with Buz Aldrin. I think you’re a tiny little person that has to flex his tiny little muscles on forums. You make me sick. Stay off my posts. If you feel the need to comment, just know I think you are stupid, irrelevant and meaningless to my world. Your opinions, input or ideas are rejected by me and I have no use for you. So, before you waste your time in reply, know it means nothing, absolutely nothing, to me and will not change anything in my life.

Another personal attack instead of talking about your lab that needs work.

1 Like

Thanks for the good thoughts! Where are you located?

Oklahoma

1 Like

Where I was born and raised. Dad told me I improved both places by moving here to Oregon 56 years ago.

Send me your mailing address at graywolf@graywolfslair.com and I’ll donate a 12" ASME clamp to your Oklahoma cannabis efforts, if you will pay for the postage.

19 Likes

You are far too kind. I feel very blessed.

8 Likes

Feel free to pay it forward…

15 Likes

I will next chance I get. Already looking for the opportunity. Thanks again.

Just loaned @StoneD my nitrogen tank and gave him the gas in it.

9 Likes

Awesome gw way to be @Graywolf hope you are well!

6 Likes

If you need a hand becoming completely complaint let me know.

7 Likes

@Graywolf you are awesome

7 Likes

I’ll definitely be in touch! Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks bro, I’m sold!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all of your comments and input, it is greatly appreciated!

I have gotten some valuable advice from @Graywolf and am working with @Killa12345 to get it built.

I do have the following question that I would appreciate some input on:

If I am pushing a subzero hydrocarbon solvent with nitrogen through a dewaxing column with dry ice or a dry ice slurry, do I really need any filtration. If I do, how many filters and what micron(s)?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Happy to hear you are learning what you need to get started!

If you wind up buying a setup from @Killa12345, I would highly suggest to pay the $150 to have him pressure test it for you. That way you already know that all the components are proven to fit together well and hold pressure. Small price to pay for peace of mind. That being said, you should learn the process and test it yourself before you run it. You will want to re-test on a regular basis, and any time a component is replaced or added.

Per filtration, you will want a filter at the bottom of your dewaxing column in order to filter the waxes out before they can reach the collection pot. Many options out there for this, but the simplest could be a sintered plate around a micron or so, with a filter paper or two on top to stop most of your fats/waxes from reaching the sintered plate.

If by filtration you are talking more like crc, that would be more dependent on your starting material, but running cold with good starting material, you may not even need to worry about crc.

Is there a handy beginner extraction safety video out there we can link new people to?

1 Like

Search on the forum " General safety in a work area/lab"

2 Likes

What are ya’ll doing inline dewaxing using as a pre-filter before the low micron plate and what issues have you had with blinding?

How many of ya’ll are using sock filters?

what makes you think CO2 will help?!?

1 Like

I use a filter stack after my dewax column from top to bottom:

8 micron filter paper doubled up
filter plate
5 micron filter paper doubled up
filter plate
1 micron tampon rolled as tight as possible
1 micron filter paper w/ filter ring
1 micron sintered disk
dump valve

Kind of overkill but I had all the extra plates and rings and it gives me peace of mind knowing no fats will make it through my stack.

3 Likes