Advice for a Newbie on equipment for first time / learning extraction.

Hello Folks,
I being reading and trying to understand the best i can the diferent method for extraction and i decided to start small to avoid wasting product if i mess up…
i been looking around the forum and theres a lot of people with lots of knowledge…
Im looking for an extractor but in my country its hard to find a suppliers so i want a kind of ready to use kit to start learning… i was wondering if some one could give some piece of advice in which first extractor to buy and also ask about the ones on ebay or alibaba like this ones on the pictures…

Any help or adviae would be much appreciated
Be kind folks, i know i have a long way to go but im still learning :weary::herb:

The biggest advice is to be safe and don’t blow yourself up
don’t blow up your neighbors don’t do stupid shit like running butane columns in an apartment please be safe

6 Likes

Noted @anon81723932 i really dont want that at all i want to be as metodic and carefully as possible thats why i ask opinions and i know there’s still a lot to learn for me

Welcome :blush:
For starters the pic provided
Has most of what you need
But I recomend buying your stainless
With @Killa12345 for his gear is good
There s a lot of Chinese pakages but most of them are not good
As for the other stuff needed
Yeah Chinese works and if it doesn t
Your still safe
I if you are gona order do yourself the favor of adding a filterplate and a
Sintered disk not realy cheap
But you will be able to show off your goodies garanteed

3 Likes

Thank you @Roguelab i appreciate the info and heads up with the filterplate and a
Sintered disk ill sure do it and investigate about them…
I already sent a message to @Killa12345 just wating for an answer i read in various posts hes the man for this matters…

Again thank a lot @Roguelab have a nice weekend mate

4 Likes

If you give us info of amount of biomass you hope to process etc we might be able to advise more
Things like a coil or recovery unit
Might be needed

1 Like

Hi @Roguelab, this is for personal and starting i plan to run half a pound a few times then a pound its that what you asking? Or im wrong? Sorry this is not my first language so i migth be missunderstanding

Yes that s what I was asking
Any dry ice available where you are at ?

Yes, a few places its a big city and i already look for some places, normal ice wont get the job rigth?

Nope not for high quality extracts

2 Likes

@Roguelab here its like 2 us dlls a kilo the cheapest i can get

That s a lot better than the 4€ I pay :joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy: yes i been looking around the forum for prices and yep its a bit expensive in other places

Do you have welding/specialty gas stores where your at?

That’s where I get my dry ice, butane, nitrogen, isopropyl alchohol, etc

1 Like

Well you’ll have to decide how you wan t to recover your gas
Active wich means buying a recovery unit I would recomend a trs19 or 21
Or passive wich will cost you about 12 kg dri ice per run of 500 gr

3 Likes

If your ultimate goal is to run 1lb runs the buy the 1lb unit from the start. Doesnt make sense to have to upgrade tank and everything else after a few runs.

I wouldnt reccomend a trs21 over passive at your scale. But i know for a fact that if you can not get dry ice you can revover your solvent with a trs21 and a double condensing coil with constant fresh cold water flowing through the bucket

1 Like

£2.66 per kg here in UK

2 Likes

@Killa12345 / qualitystainlessparts.com is the place to go to for smaller systems. I highly recommend them, been using one of their 1/4lb systems for a while now and have upgraded a ton of things on it already. Great base system for starting out!

I’d go passive because less equipment and less moving parts is more desirable for me. You can decide what you want to do at the end of the day though. If you go passive and don’t have access to dry ice, you can recover just fine with ice water and salt. Keep in mind this works better when using N-butane as your solvent as it has a higher boiling point than iso-butane or propane and will condense back into a liquid at higher temps.

3 Likes

Sorry for not replying @Roguelab yesterday i reach the maximum amount of posts in a day for a new member which are 14

I want to go passive,

1 Like

Yes that’s the idea @Slabby he 1Lb extractor.
And thank you mate i also think its a bit harder active, a prefer passive
thanks for the advise man