Addressing BHO Muffins

That’s cotton candy Tech

1 Like

I’m not sure you’ll successful make shatter with a rotovape. When I read “muffins”, I read that the OP is trying to make shatter.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

To respond to OP, let the slabs sit at temperature (90-105) for at least 2 hours prior to vacuuming.

“Muffining” is a result of viscosity, and probably large amounts of remaining solvent. Baking before vacuuming, and you remove solvent while reducing the viscosity of room temperature unpurged resin.

3 Likes

Wait, so sticking the top of the muffin to the top and sides of the oven is NOT the preferred method?:thinking:

7 Likes

It does maximize the whole “thin film vacuum” methodology, but collection is rough.

6 Likes

I muffin till just below the downspout thingy so like 10 in tall fully muffin to the walls

When it becomes purged Bho in the flask won’t it be difficult to removed with out heat which decarbs the cannabinoids and evaporates the terpenes?

And most rotary Evaps aren’t C1D1 so maybe people are avoiding Jerry lee Lewis and his great ball flasks of fire.

The amount of times I’ve had to scrape an oven due to super smart techs gives me ptsd

5 Likes