Adding isolate to flowers = increase CBD %

Hi guys,

I would like to increase the CBD % on my flowers, currently at 4% CBD and 0.2% THC.
I heard of a method to process flowers with isolate to increase the CBD content. I know its somehow artificial…:slight_smile:

How it that possible? Maybe dissolve isolate 99% in some water and spray on the nugs, letting them dry afterward to prevent mold?

Looking forward to your ideas. Thanks !!

Why would you want to do this ?

4 Likes

To increase the effect of smoking them

1. Melt isolate into a liquid.
  2. Dip buds in liquid.
  3. Allow to dry and recrystallize.
  4. Tumble to allow excess crystalline to fall off.

Never done this but I’d love it if you did and shared pictures.

8 Likes

Thanks for the inspiration. I will try and let you know. Melting point is typically around 65C/151F, right?

4 Likes

I believe it’s 68C, you should be fine as long as you don’t hit 80C or above.

1 Like

Grow better cannabis!!

Those numbers sound like a fiber strain.

If you don’t require “compliant” you can hit 20% CBD with the right genetics.

8 Likes

While adulterating flowers is typically frowned upon here, I appreciate that you’ve done your homework and used the search button.

I also like the idea of adding pure CBD to flowers for older and sick folks who may be especially affected by the effects of D9THC.

3 Likes

Sarcasm font?

Because dissolving in water doesn’t sound like all the required reading has been done…

@Acey2000 : suggested reading…

7 Likes

What if you watered it in with a water soluble cbd, during flower? I’ve seen plants uptake essential oils by threading the stalk and soaking the thread in mint oil, lavender and purple dye. They fucking hated, to be sure, well not the dye as it was water soluble, but the oil stressed the flowers all to hell. We did this one week before harvest two plants each and had about 20 others we did nothing to. You could smell and taste the oils and the purple thing turned the plant splotchy but it looked like nothing people had seen.

So why not water in SGJ’s water soluble CBD?

2 Likes

Plant the right beans…

4 Likes

Why can I just dump ptsa in and make d8 flower?

6 Likes

Heard! But imagine supplementing your flower with extra CBD as a grow amendment…

2 Likes

I was referring @Acey2000 referencing the melting point of CBD.

I appreciate how you gently correct folks towards the right answer. I love talking about weed, but sometimes I do miss things when it comes to critical reading. That’s how we learn!

3 Likes

They die orchids like that! When you go into the store and you see the blue Phalaenopsis, those have been dyed, and if you rebloom them each time the dye gets less and less until you have solid white flower. There is no “true blue”, or “true black” when it comes to orchids, so if you see those color (and their not Cerulea) you know that they are fake!

3 Likes

If I could take Mac 1 and pump it up to 6%cbd content on top of it’s impressive stats in saying that would be a win. Am I wrong?

1 Like

Hahaha, yes, my roommate grew and sold orchids, that’s where the idea came from!

2 Likes

sprays ptsa on flower and demands $1300/lb because its d8 flower :rofl:

4 Likes

I smell a patent coming!

2 Likes

Thank you guys for the input. I think I have to explain: I am from Europe and the THC % limit is 0.2% (that means D9+D8+THCA!). Thats really stupid and arbitrary. Naturally the CBD content of our flowers is around 3-6%, maybe 7 if you are lucky. If they are higher the flowers are washed down or , as I heard from a supplier, processed with isolate. He couldn’t tell me how, but it made me curious. To me weed is holy too. I love talking about weed as well, but over here when it comes to all the limits and rules, it is still a cluster f*** sometimes…I guess the desperation is the reason why I am experimenting.

1 Like