active recovery times?

I just like saying that passive beats a wicked good pump is all. I wouldnt buy one for my small runs or at all really.

2 Likes

I have a dry ice sleeve 3×24 column. When I run I usually vac down to 30 the night before fully loaded with material to make sure it holds the seal. I release the seal and connect my tank Vac it down. Wait and hour for my tank to get cold and my column to get cold and my collection is not jacketed it’s in dry ice. My lid is hemispherical and on a 6×6 spool attached to a 6×6 non jacketed base.

I take the tank out if the dry ice and wait 2mins. I let it flood the columm until its white. Turn off tank. Wait about 2 mins to coagulate and then I put my tank back in dry ice and have my collection base @100°f and start recovery.

I have no sieve I plan on making one.

It usually takes an hour

You only really need 3/8ths npt for 1/2 37°jic hose the 1/2npt has a much larger orifice

1 Like

What if you were to add a 1/4" to 1.5" triclamp to a collection pot lid and then added a 1.5" triclamp spool as a hose and had a 1/4" to 1.5" triclamp on the recovery tank. Would it work or be super dangerous?

Cause you could add gauges to the spool to monitor the pressure in that but then I suppose it would defeat the purpose of recovery all together.

UNLESS, I’m guessing using a fully jacketed spool and flood it with warm water.

Wait this could become some elaborate ass project. Just making the recovery time better thru different modifications. Just have to keep safety in mind. But I think there should be an open discussion about how we can make larger recovery lines and have a faster flow via passive than active.

Endless possibilities ESPECIALLY if you got a stainless tank

you can adapt your triclamps down, but you cannot adapt your small lines up. your 1/4 aperture will be your limiting factor.

You can achieve 2lbs a min with ½ lines…

The wheel is already round…

What is needed to achieve this, is adequate heating and cooling.

You’ll need at least 6kw of heat and cooling to achieve this, as well as having open path for vapor recovery.

Huber 915 or similar (julabo has one, too) or lc02 for cooling. Hydrocarbons are easy to cool and keep cold. But, phase change/vapor recovery requires a lot of energy.

4 Likes

So @Killa12345 so do you make a 6×6 hemispherical lid with a 1/2inch opening for the recovery port/handle.

not in stock but this should be easy enough to have made

1 Like

Can you dm me with a price?

You could always just add a 1.5” x 6” tall spool that has a 1/2” bung on it to your lid that you have now. (Or what ever size tri clamp openings you have on your lid)

Edit I forgot I was searching for things and this is an old post haha either way