Active assisted Passive recovery wait wut

I’ll just leave this here. Sorry for my chicken scratch drawing.

Shout out @downtheterphole he’s light-years ahead of all you thermodymagicians

7 Likes

Don’t you @ @TheGratefulPhil like that

2 Likes

@Killa12345 @spdking @Dred_pirate @FicklePickle @TheGratefulPhil @Cheebachiefextracts @TwistedStill

Let’s get this conversation rolling

2 Likes

I’ll start by saying I guess i could bypass the heat exchanger and send the propane loop straight through solvent tank jacket

1 Like

Give me a moment to look at in better, I just wanted to cred @TheGratefulPhil for his thermos work he’s posted

LETS SCIENCE!

in this corner standing at 200L per houuuuuur BIZZZZZZZZYBEEEAST

Andddddddd in this corner we have a underdog new designnnn, the Apotha-Collector

DING DING

7 Likes

lol I drew this up in 5 min based on the concept of the title im not saying it will beat any records.

This just uses 2 recovery pumps and butane/ propane. No heater or chiller dry ice…

5 Likes

I need arrows I done lost it, not enough coffees yets

1 Like

The top “vac” a recovery pump?

which the compressed heated solvent gas goes through to heat the collection vessel, which is then needle valves to the liquid line of the solvent tank or the solvent tank jacket?

I run active assisted passive, but not with utlizing my process gases in jackets.

4 Likes

Ohh lol that was just for theatrical antics lol

2 Likes

it goes into liquid line of solvent tank.

My biggest concern is jacket pressure rating.

4 Likes

Is the propane loop heating the collection and cooling the heatX?

2 Likes

use the heat of compression to boil recovery too

3 Likes

Almost. The propane loop just cools the solvent tank. I might ditch the heat ex and go straight to tank jacket.

Then, there’s the “process gas loop” as @pangea said. This heats the collection and a cooling effect on solvent tank

3 Likes

Yes jacket pressure rating would be key, prv ftw.

So that loop is for heating the collection pot, as well as somewhat chilling the solvent tank and reducing head pressures in the solvent tank.

The other loop with the heat exchanger is for purely chilling the solvent tank?
edit… Im too slow

2 Likes

yea idk I just hate running chillers and heaters I thought I’d get this ball rolling so we can all level up

5 Likes

word to the moffing bird dude, love it. Thats why im looking into membranes as well as direct hx tech too!

1 Like

I was told the pure extractor (Indra machine) uses the outlet of the pump for heating and I’m sure it probably works. Just make sure you always start/have solvent in the collection. I’m still surprised I haven’t seen a closed loop with 2 active loops by running them separately and opposing the evaporator and condenser side. Seems convoluted but might be worth it at a larger scale. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Why not just go balls out & slap a Huber dual thermal on?

Just thinking of the refrigerant

Gmp boiiii

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhh gotchas

Would it be disqualified if you used say Huber m90 ?

I haven’t had to go up to gmp regs so haven’t looked into them much honestly.